Bull Fire burns up auger tube

yetiboy

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
A few weeks ago I had my pellets run out mid cook (wasn’t monitoring it closely enough I guess) but I still had pellets in the hopper - they didn’t feed properly, so there was an air gap. It seems the fire ran up the auger tube and I ended up with the hopper smoking up and I ended up with a LOT of carbon deposit in the hopper and inside the smoker.

I completely emptied the hopper and the fire pot of pellets. I ran the auger using the settings menu to make sure that the tube was completely cleared out.

I’ve tried using it a few times since, and every time I do the fire works it’s way up the auger tube and the smoker shuts down because there are no pellets in the fire pot. I have to take everything out and manually add pellets to the fire pot and dig burning pellets out of the tube, at which point it usually works properly.

Obviously this is not good - there’s a very real fire concern, damage to the smoker, etc.

Does anyone know what the issue could be and how I can fix it?

A few weeks ago I had my pellets run out mid cook (wasn’t monitoring it closely enough I guess) but I still had pellets in the hopper - they didn’t feed properly, so there was an air gap. It seems the fire ran up the auger tube and I ended up with the hopper smoking up and I ended up with a LOT of carbon deposit in the hopper and inside the smoker.

I completely emptied the hopper and the fire pot of pellets. I ran the auger using the settings menu to make sure that the tube was completely cleared out.

I’ve tried using it a few times since, and every time I do the fire works it’s way up the auger tube and the smoker shuts down because there are no pellets in the fire pot. I have to take everything out and manually add pellets to the fire pot and dig burning pellets out of the tube, at which point it usually works properly.

Obviously this is not good - there’s a very real fire concern, damage to the smoker, etc.

Does anyone know what the issue could be and how I can fix it?
I agree with the others. Contact ReqTec. Could be something wrong with the auger tube between the hopper and fire box...an opening of some sort?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back