fear of rain

In SoCal we don’t get rain often but when we do, Noah and his Arc come here for a vacation. So far I haven’t had any problems with water intrusion in the hopper as mine remains covered and the design of the Bull’s cover forces the hopper’s cover to stay in the closed position. I also remove my grease pail and place it inside the hopper. Not because of water related issues but I’m hoping it will keep the critters from being too curious. If your fear is wet pellets, use that shop vac and clean them out. I’d rather lose $4 of pellets than to take a chance on having my auger enshrouded in cement pellet debris. Just my thoughts.

Mine is on GFCI also! But if it trips when you are touching the pit--ouch! You may not get fried but if you have a pacemaker, it may fail. (I don't but my wife does). Sorry, I tend to be over OCD.

Mine is on GFCI also! But if it trips when you are touching the pit--ouch! You may not get fried but if you have a pacemaker, it may fail. (I don't but my wife does). Sorry, I tend to be over OCD.

And yes you can be shocked by an appliance plugged to a GFCI. Go to:
forums.mikeholt.com

And yes you can be shocked by an appliance plugged to a GFCI. Go to:
forums.mikeholt.com
A class A GFCI is designed to respond to 4-6 mA difference within maybe 25 milliseconds regardless of what any branch circuit rating may be. (from forums.mikeholt.com) I like the site - especially the mod basically saying if you're a noob - gtfo with your how-to questions, this site is for professionals only. :LOL:

I understand any amount of current for any amount of time could be fatal for certain people. I would think the grill- and it's innards need to be soaked for the electricity to energize the body of the grill to reach me. The only way to really know is to open it up (not in January) and see if there are any insulating spacers/washers. I had it opened up this summer, but wasn't looking for this.

My 700 is under the eaves of the house, but otherwise exposed. Never covered, never had any trouble.

My Bullseye is another story. I keep the cover on it if it looks like it could maybe rain within the next two weeks.

I've cleared one concrete pellet auger jam, not doing it again.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back