RHEINLEIN

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
  2. Stampede
  3. Patio Legend 410
  4. RT-300
Are there meats Wild fork provides that are better than local stores / butchers or a better value ?

Are there meats Wild fork provides that are better than local stores / butchers or a better value ?
Well, that pretty would pretty much depend on the quality of the ”local stores.” I haven’t purchased from Wild Fork since my “local store” is a specialty butcher shop where my grandson works as a meat cutter and assistant store manager. Nice to have an “in” with your local butcher. They stock high-end meat; Wagyu, Angus, Berkshire, etc. They don’t do mail order, but since my grandson lives less than a mile from our house, I get “free delivery.” :ROFLMAO:

As @Jim6820 said it depends on the quality of your local stores/butchers. What they are really the best for IMO are the cuts that you may not have readily available near you. For instance I wouldn’t buy a Tri Tip from them because they are plentiful and high quality around me but if you can’t get them locally then Wild Fork is a great resource.

I can’t always find Berkshire pork near me so I order from Wild Fork. I’ve only had one item that I was disappointed in. Not that it was so bad, it just wasn’t as good as what I paid for it. I buy from them 4 or 5 times a year.

In my somewhat limited experience, Wild Fork and other suppliers fill the void on certain things that you can't find locally at a reasonable price/quality.

With that said, I got crazy carried away ordering from Wild Fork (and others) to stock my garage freezer. Certain "portioned" things like thin pork chops, chicken tenders, etc. were a waste of money as they come in giant bags and are freezer burned upon delivery. Their seafood, other than frozen shrimp, was a disappointment to me. That said, their frozen chicken wings are better in size and quality than the big grocery stores at half the price (at least for me).

Ribs, pork shoulders, brisket, steaks, whole poultry, etc. have all been pretty good, particularly if I'm going Prime with beef and Berkshire with pork. I still look for fresh on sale before ordering online.

Long story short is that if you don't have local access to things at a reasonable price via a butcher, local grocery, Costco, or a restaurant supply place, they get stuff to you that you want to cook.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back