Favorite Aluminum Foil and Butcher paper for Smoking

smokeshow69

Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
Wondering if there is a "go-to" foil/butcher paper I should get. Grill being delivered thursday and want to be ready! Any other must haves are welcome :). Grill is Stampede

I would give you my roll as I stopped wrapping anything. And that would be my recommendation as well. if time is the issue, just cook at higher temps. I haven't done an overnight cook in almost two years.

just my opinion.

I have never used butcher paper, and do not wrap often, but good to have a roll or two of heavy duty alum foil. Mine is from Reynolds. It is good to wrap your drip pan with foil fore ease of cleaning. Although many don’t foil their drip pans either.
I would recommend getting a good meat temp probe and an instant read meat probe as well. They come in handy.

As long as you have an hour and a plug, your ready.

Any old red butcher paper should do, also buy the larger size (24" i think) i have the smaller one and wise i had the larger. Any foil, heavy duty is best but again any foil is fine, you just sometimes use a bit more. My fav foil is the big roll from costco or restaurant depot but i also use the pre-made sheets as well.

For foil, I'll second the recommendation for using heavy duty foil and the wide rolls. Easy to forget how thin the regular stuff is until a bone pokes through. I don't wrap everything but it comes in handy when you need to accelerate a cook.

I have a roll of paper but haven't used it yet.

Wondering if there is a "go-to" foil/butcher paper I should get. Grill being delivered thursday and want to be ready! Any other must haves are welcome :). Grill is Stampede
Any heavy duty aluminum foil. Splitjack makes some good pink paper.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back