RT-1250 Estes delivered ... Not!

Not so great. New 1250 stabbed and jabbed by shipping folks. Thanks Estes.

Attachments

• 144759A1-ED11-470B-96FF-E8FAC9E82BED.jpeg
    144759A1-ED11-470B-96FF-E8FAC9E82BED.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 126
Now I am worried about my order. Cant find any information about when my 1250 is going to be delivered after being told it was shipped. Tracking number search on ESTES shipping keeps telling me that they cant find my number.

Should I start worrying about buying this grill and wish I would have gone with YODER! I mean, I went with RecTec because I heard the grill and customer service was second to none. Now learn there shipping company is horrible. C'mon RecTec the shipping company is an extension of you.

Now I am worried about my order. Cant find any information about when my 1250 is going to be delivered after being told it was shipped. Tracking number search on ESTES shipping keeps telling me that they cant find my number.

Should I start worrying about buying this grill and wish I would have gone with YODER! I mean, I went with RecTec because I heard the grill and customer service was second to none. Now learn there shipping company is horrible. C'mon RecTec the shipping company is an extension of you.
As the one who started this thred, yes I'm not happy with Estes, but it did get straightened out. The grill is fantastic! It was everything I had hoped for. I too, looked at Yoder and Lone Star Grillz. All three are solid contenders, but the Recteq controller is Rock Solid. You won't be disappointed. I had great results with the shipping manager at Recteq.

I will take the time to enlighten some of you on LTL common carrier shipments. I worked in the industry for 30 plus years. They should contact you to set up a delivery window in advance so you can be there to sign for shipment and help if needed to push a heavy pallet up the driveway depending on the incline of your driveway.

I might add that it is not required of drivers on liftgate delivery's to do more than curbside delivery of heavy items. This is another good reason to insist on notification so you can be there or arrange for someone to be there unless you have a "leave with out signature" agreement with the carrier. (Dont go that rout for obvious reasons)

A driver technically does not have to let you tear open boxes or let you break down pallet to check the internal condition of your shipment until you have signed for the shipment. (Boss man wants those production numbers so you have 10 to 15 minutes per delivery tops.) Drivers will stick to this policy if the shrink wrap is intact and there is no obvious damage to the cardboard containers.(crushed or large holes etc)Drivers are human and we get deliveries ourselves and most will make exceptions within reason.

On the other hand be sure to note on delivery receipt any damage you see and take pictures of said damage should you decide to accept the delivery so if you find concealed damage you are covered. Do this BEFORE driver leaves. If the damage is too bad by all means REFUSE THE SHIPMENT.

Estes is the absolute worse. My first 1250 looked like the box was dropped off of the back of truck then run over by the trailer. The good thing was that even though damaged the 1250 still worked as it is buying like a tank. A Treager or Webber would have been destroyed. Rt also sent new one to me to replace the damaged one. More bad news, Estes list that shipment, but it kept saying it was out for delivery each day for 2 weeks. Finally called RT and they confirmed it was lost, but included kit of pellets for my troubles and sent via different carrier, so customer service did finally come through.

I do love my 1250 and one of my best purchases ever so I guess it was worth the aggravation

I bet that after the holidays and thing’s slow down a little bit that Estes will not be delivering for Recteq. I don’t think they really have a choice right now but there has been a ton of complaints about Estes.

Found out today that yesterday Recteq switch their sales engine and rather than port all the old accounts over, they took the easy and cheap way out, deleted ALL accounts. Start over and oh yes, all your previous order data is gone. Nice, i'm thinking I should have gone with LoneStargrillz
Ouch! I just discovered this post today and went online to check my Recteq account. As noted, I was unable to log on. This means that I can’t reference the two orders for grills that I have placed with the company this past year. Apparently, I need to set up a new account to stay connected to the company, but still won’t be able to access my previous order information.

This is abominable customer service and has succeeded in creating a former customer and product supporter. I simply can’t support a company that treats its customers this way. I will be calling Recteq on Monday to explain those facts of life to them.

Ouch! I just discovered this post today and went online to check my Recteq account. As noted, I was unable to log on. This means that I can’t reference the two orders for grills that I have placed with the company this past year. Apparently, I need to set up a new account to stay connected to the company, but still won’t be able to access my previous order information.

This is abominable customer service and has succeeded in creating a former customer and product supporter. I simply can’t support a company that treats its customers this way. I will be calling Recteq on Monday to explain those facts of life to them.
From what I understand, they did not delete the data...they still have it and all warranties still apply. I guess I don't see the big issue in being able to access your previous order if Recteq can still do it for you. Maybe call them and confirm that they have your info?

I logged into Recteq.com, and the order I placed before their upgrade shows up now. Maybe they are re-populated the data back on the server now under your email address.

It appears that my account has simply been deleted. When I try to log in, it tells me “Incorrect e-mail or password.” When I try to reset my password, it tells me “No account found with that e-mail.” I guess buying two recteq grills doesn’t get you anything.

Got busy and haven’t had a chance to call them, but I will. This is a poor way to do business.

I logged into Recteq.com, and the order I placed before their upgrade shows up now. Maybe they are re-populated the data back on the server now under your email address.

Not here but I don't worry about it. I know what I purchased and when. I have all my e-mails.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back