RT-1250 Estes delivered ... Not!

I had the same problem when I was going to order a second grill. I had to create a new account and then have everything imported over from the old account. I’m not sure if they have done that yet but you can request it on the new account.

Thanks, that’s good information. I will create a new account and request that they populate it with my previous orders. Recteq should have done that in the first place, but at this point I am not going to quibble about the details.

So, I did create a new account and e-mailed Recteq requesting that my previous order information be ported over to it. I received a prompt and courteous reply thanking me for my inquiry and telling me that it is not possible to link my previous purchase information to the new online account.

As mentioned by another poster, that information is still being maintained by Recteq for warranty purposes but cannot be made accessible by the new Spotify platform. I was provided with PDF copies of all my previous orders, however. That was appreciated, but doesn’t really get to the heart of the issue.

As someone who has worked extensively in both the information technology and customer experience fields, I can tell you that it is possible to port the previous account information over to a new account. And, that includes not dumping previous customer accounts and requiring people to go in and set up a new one. The issue is purely one of cost and desire. I suspect Spotify was the low bidder (or somebody’s favorite) vendor and either didn’t have the capability to do the job right, or the cost was too high.

Either way, this kind of thing puts a big dent in a company’s customer service reputation, at least in the mind of someone who has worked in that field.

Estes is Garbage. My unit was 90 miles from my house for 2 weeks and it took me calling Estes and recteq somewhere around 10 times over 7 days to get it resolved and finally delivered. I even tried to go and pick it up, but I couldn’t get 2 people at Estes to agree on where it was being held. But happy as a pig in mud now that it’s here.
I received the third delivery on a Recteq 590 today and once again damaged, so once again (3 weeks later) I’ve refused delivery.

This last time was Estes and was worse than the other carrier, not even on a pallet, on its side and the box all ripped.

I’m hoping that this Recteq is worth the aggravation. Looking to discuss with Harry in the morning.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back