RT-1250 Estes delivered ... Not!

jtice

I just got an email saying it's been delivered.
Not in my driveway.
Do they send out emails before it's actually delivered?

Found out today that yesterday Recteq switch their sales engine and rather than port all the old accounts over, they took the easy and cheap way out, deleted ALL accounts. Start over and oh yes, all your previous order data is gone. Nice, i'm thinking I should have gone with LoneStargrillz

This is pretty crappy of RT.. I'm sure they have records for warranty purposes but shows how quick they cut their customers off from their access and obviously don't give a hoot. This is a very unprofessional move.

On a positive note, RT has no idea who purchased 3 rpm auger motors 😁

My bet is when someone has an issue they will somehow find those records and use it against them. They already tried placing blame on my slow cool down on mods when I never purchased or changed anything.

They backtracked when I questioned why they were questioning me.

Found out today that yesterday Recteq switch their sales engine and rather than port all the old accounts over, they took the easy and cheap way out, deleted ALL accounts. Start over and oh yes, all your previous order data is gone. Nice, i'm thinking I should have gone with LoneStargrillz
How did you hear about this? That's crazy! o_O

Not in my driveway.
The same thing happened to me three days ago. I called Estes and they said my order was sent to the wrong dock,one that doesn’t make residential deliverys. They also told me that they no longer call to let you know they are coming. So I might end up with a 522lb pallet worth over 2,000 dollars setting in my driveway with out my knowledge. Plus if I’m not there to inspect the product what happens if there is shipping damage? Now I’m waiting and watching my driveway like a hawk so I can catch the driver and supervise the unloading and inspect my goods. The crazy thing is my order was 30 minutes from my house three days ago. All you get these day’s is customer disservice. Blame it on Covid!

Found out my shipment was mis-delivered on Monday. Back to Estes on Tuesday. Called today and they are not sure where it is. I understand delays, but for freaking just try and act like you care. I've resigned myself it will get dumped in my driveway someday. So the score is 5 calls to Estes with a promise to call me back, 2 calls to Recteq with the promise to call me back. 0 calls back from anyone.
Not in my driveway.
I got an email from Recteq shipping, in response to a email request. He basically confirmed everything I have found out. Looks like next week some time. Bad news is I will be out of town. Trying to arrange for the delivery goons to call before so I can arrange for a neighbor to open the garage door. At least it will be out of the weather. I know Recteq chooses this shipping method, but wouldn't it be great to pay extra to have a service that would call ahead, work with you on delivery, and give a damn. I would have paid for that service. I was on the fence about this grill and I can tell you the guys at Yoder and Lonestargrillzs are far more proactive.

I had a very similar experience with Estes. Long story short they sent me a text today with a scheduled delivery for Tuesday with a 4 hour window and promised a call from the driver 30 minutes in advance. I think someone got on their butts because I was told last week that they didn’t call anymore. All I know is my order was placed on Friday the 15th and the new delivery date is the 2nd. But at least now I know when it’s going to be here and I can stop watching the driveway.

How is the 6 year warranty going to work without sales data?
They have all records readily available. I called for my purchase history in order to have my own written records of purchased items, date of purchase etc. for any future warranty issues should the need arise.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back