Dessert on the Bull

Kamikazee494

Did my first dessert on the Bull. Kept it simple. Creme brûlée meat church recipe. Super simple and came out wonderful. Great dessert after the brisket and hot links. 👍
0B9E5EEA-1219-4B3A-A094-FBDB5B523A63.jpeg

Very nice! I’ve always wondered why the Meat Church recipe has you heat the heavy cream mixture- I’ve never done that before 🤔. I’ll have to see if it makes a difference next time. Did you use regular sugar or turbinado for the top? I’m a huge fan of the turbinado.

Last edited:
Very nice! I’ve always wondered why the Meat Church recipe has you heat the heavy cream mixture- I’ve never done that before 🤔. I’ll have to see if it makes a difference next time. Did you use regular sugar or turbinado? I’m a huge fan of the turbinado.
Dang. Didn’t even think about turbinado. That would probably be awesome. Not sure about the heating part though. This was my first attempt at a creme brûlée. It came out perfect and super simple to make. It had a wonderfully smooth texture. Definitely making again. I think the next dessert I try will be the rec teq maple bourbon pecan pie. Hell it has bacon in it. It has to be good!

Dang. Didn’t even think about turbinado. That would probably be awesome. Not sure about the heating part though. This was my first attempt at a creme brûlée. It came out perfect and super simple to make. It had a wonderfully smooth texture. Definitely making again. I think the next dessert I try will be the rec teq maple bourbon pecan pie. Hell it has bacon in it. It has to be good!
Great job on the creme brûlée! Yep, I never would have thought of the turbinado sugar on top, either, until America’s Test Kitchen recommended it. I think it imparts a nice flavor, but more importantly, it’s very forgiving for those nights when you’re trying to finish the dessert for guests, but your torch skills are questionable (for me, usually because someone has handed me too many drinks in the kitchen). I can’t wait to see your pie! Bacon makes everything better 😋

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back