Deal of the month

tpack

Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
I have seen some of the prices for brisket across the country. My Kroger had choice briskets for 1.67 lb. last week and ran out, so they and substituted prime or made a mistake and priced prime for the choice briskets. Either way I was the real winner. I grabbed 2 and headed home. It wasn`t until I was opening the package that I noticed they were prime briskets. By the way...… It was great on my Rec Tec.

Attachments

• IMG_1419.JPG
    IMG_1419.JPG
    5.3 MB · Views: 214
  • IMG_1404.JPG
    IMG_1404.JPG
    3.5 MB · Views: 112
I have seen some of the prices for brisket across the country. My Kroger had choice briskets for 1.67 lb. last week and ran out, so they and substituted prime or made a mistake and priced prime for the choice briskets. Either way I was the real winner. I grabbed 2 and headed home. It wasn`t until I was opening the package that I noticed they were prime briskets. By the way...… It was great on my Rec Tec.
That is a great find and deal. (y)

Damn! I wish there was there was a Kroger near me. “Let’s go Krogering, for the best of everything...” :)

Every once in a while you hit the jackpot. BINGO. Congrats ??

I worked a large Supermaket chain for 31 years and 20 of them I was the meat market manager. I sold briskets around 1990(30 years ago) for .69 lb. I would say that if you adjust for inflation, this is a better deal. I used to say.... We`re not making money, we`re making friends.

I haven't had lamb in years, can you still get mint jelly to go with it today?
Yes or you can make your own easily enough I think. I grew up in the UK so lamb was very common. My neighbor and I recently purchased a whole lamb from Portland Oregon and split it between us. I slow roasted the leg on my rotisserie and it was delicious (I’ve not yet received my Rec Tec).

Yes or you can make your own easily enough I think. I grew up in the UK so lamb was very common. My neighbor and I recently purchased a whole lamb from Portland Oregon and split it between us. I slow roasted the leg on my rotisserie and it was delicious (I’ve not yet received my Rec Tec).
Last time I had Lamb was when my parents were still around, I might have to try to find some Lamb and bring back some Sunday supper meals memory's back with the mint jelly.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cooney850
Back