BigDan

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Military Veteran
Grill(s) owned
  1. Bullseye
  2. Stampede
  3. RT-1250
Limited-time deal for Prime Members: MEATER Block: 4-Probe Premium WiFi Smart Meat Thermometer | for BBQ, Oven, Grill, Kitchen, Smoker, Rotisserie | iOS & Android App | Apple Watch, Alexa Compatible | Dishwasher Safe https://a.co/d/aKG9kek

Cheapest I’ve seen it. Meater 4 probe block… $239

For me it is. Everyone has to decide what’s best for them. I’ve researched for about four months and been waiting for it to go on sale. I could be making a bad decision, but Hell I’ve also been divorced once before as well. I’ve been known to make a few before. 😂

Last edited:
For me it is. Everyone has to decide what’s best for them. I’ve researched for about four months and been waiting for it to go on sale. I could be making a bad decision, but Hell I’ve also been divorced once before as well. I’ve been known to make a few before. 😂
😂 well this is returnable within 30days if you don’t like it 😂

I’ve used both the MEATER and the Combustion Inc Predictive Thermometer, and they were nice wireless tools. I bought the CI unit because of its predictive capability, 8 sensors vs 1, thinner probe and outstanding customer service. YMMV

Limited-time deal for Prime Members: MEATER Block: 4-Probe Premium WiFi Smart Meat Thermometer | for BBQ, Oven, Grill, Kitchen, Smoker, Rotisserie | iOS & Android App | Apple Watch, Alexa Compatible | Dishwasher Safe https://a.co/d/aKG9kek

Cheapest I’ve seen it. Meater 4 probe block… $239
That has been the “Prime” deal and Meater’s online pricing sale price 2 or 3 times a year.

Is Meater worth it? Not on Amazon but also a prime deal. Thermoworks signal for $169

https://www.thermoworks.com/signals...e-Magnet&utm_medium=text&utm_source=attentive
I hate to berate any products but my 4 probe Meater has been inconsistent at best. I know they pass the line of sight test but for my Bull, Lynx and other thicker stainless steel and cast iron cookers, range and disconnects has been a problem. I actually bought it for use when I do rotisserie chickens as a wired probe is a non-starter. But alas, no bueno!!! YMMV.

Today’s Pro-Tip: Before plunking down your hard earned money on alleged “Prime Day“ specials. Check the item on CamelCamelCamel to see what the price trends have been. Don’t get fooled!

Damn I may be sending her, I mean it back! Trying it out this weekend we’ll see.

Do you guys recommend going with these wireless ones or say the thermoworks Signals?
I think there's a place for both depending upon the application. I have a Meater+ that I rarely use as I typically don't care about probe wires and like that I can monitor from anywhere. If Meater or Combustion gets WiFi repeaters (as I'm sure they're working on), I would likely revisit the wireless probes.

Tha
I think there's a place for both depending upon the application. I have a Meater+ that I rarely use as I typically don't care about probe wires and like that I can monitor from anywhere. If Meater or Combustion gets WiFi repeaters (as I'm sure they're working on), I would likely revisit the wireless probes.

Thanks for the input. Any bbq tools that you or anyone like? Only have the grill grates spatulas right now.

Do you guys recommend going with these wireless ones or say the thermoworks Signals?
Even though I have the wireless Combustion Inc Predictive setup, I still use my TW Signals unit for most of the longer cooks. Where the wireless units shine is for rotisserie cooks or when you might need to turn the protein in the grill periodically. Wired units are harder to deal with in that scenario.

I frequently do rotisserie cooks on the gas grill and the CI unit works great for that.

Does the meater only work if you are within a certain distance?

Does the meater only work if you are within a certain distance?
Both the MEATER and CI units are currently extended-range Bluetooth. I know CI is looking at wifi connectivity and I would be surprised if MEATER isn’t as well. The range on my CI unit is stated as 300 feet and that seems to be reasonably accurate; I can access the data from anywhere on my half-acre lot.

Both the MEATER and CI units are currently extended-range Bluetooth. I know CI is looking at wifi connectivity and I would be surprised if MEATER isn’t as well. The range on my CI unit is stated as 300 feet and that seems to be reasonably accurate; I can access the data from anywhere on my half-acre lot.
Okay thanks for clarifying. Does it have a temperature range that it will work within. Like if I set the 1250 to sear some steaks should I not use it if it’s over say 500 degrees

The CI unit is good to 575F and I think the MEATER is rated at about 525F. Personally, I don’t use my CI when searing steaks as I do that on an 1800F sear station. My ThermoWorks ThermaPen One instant read thermometer works just fine for checking hi-temp seared steaks.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gymanji
Back