Crazy Jane rub

i have personally never heard of it. but there are a ton of great rubs. my personal favorite for a crowd of people is weber original. its not my favorite but its a classic taste that anyone will enjoy and its cheap at walmart and always in stock. welcome to the forum bud. also i love western nc, beautiful country. i live in the upstate of sc and spend alot of time in the sc mountains

i have personally never heard of it. but there are a ton of great rubs. my personal favorite for a crowd of people is weber original. its not my favorite but its a classic taste that anyone will enjoy and its cheap at walmart and always in stock. welcome to the forum bud. also i love western nc, beautiful country. i live in the upstate of sc and spend alot of time in the sc mountains
Cheap is good 👍

Yeah, my wife keeps it in the spice rack. It is pretty good, I think it is mainly SOG. We used to have some Bad Byron's Butt Rub, it was pretty good.

Lately, I have been using Spiceology, really like the variety they have and they have some really good salt free rubs. I highly recommend them.

Understood, I ordered the RT seasonings as well and I really liked all of them, but the wife thought some were a little spicy. She does love the warm apple pie, but now she is on a diet with no sugar!🤣

Check out Spiceology and let her pick out some. They have regular, salt free, sugar free. All really good.
Remember Happy Wife Happy Life and more grilling!!!!

We were just up in Western NC near Buladean! Out in the middle of now where. It was awesome!

Have not heard of it. Along the same line, I just had an opportunity to taste Hutchins BBQ Brisquet from near Plano, Texas. Best texture and flavor I have ever tasted. It is a famous place in Texas (among several). My daughter brought it to us from a recent trip there. She also brought a bottle of Hutchin's Brisket Rub that I am anxious to use. Will show with pics and report when I do it. Let us know how Crazy Jane works for you.

Have not heard of it. Along the same line, I just had an opportunity to taste Hutchins BBQ Brisquet from near Plano, Texas. Best texture and flavor I have ever tasted. It is a famous place in Texas (among several). My daughter brought it to us from a recent trip there. She also brought a bottle of Hutchin's Brisket Rub that I am anxious to use. Will show with pics and report when I do it. Let us know how Crazy Jane works for you.
Will do.

You guys are killing me. I keep looking for places to go and get the hell out of the once beautiful, now truly disgusting state of CA. I promise not to bring mainstream CA thought process and voting choices with me wherever I land.

You guys are killing me. I keep looking for places to go and get the hell out of the once beautiful, now truly disgusting state of CA. I promise not to bring mainstream CA thought process and voting choices with me wherever I land.
As a former LEO I welcome you! Mild winters and summers. Good neighbors. What more do I need except another helping of Q!

I remember my parents, particularly my immigrant mother, longing for the California dream, while we lived on SAC AFB up in NE Montana in the early 60s. We moved to CA in the late 60s. My mother loved it. Both mom and dad are long gone. After spending most of my life here, I'm of the opinion that the CA dream died a slow death and pretty much was gone by the late 70s. We lived on the reputation for a while, then we became the pariah state to be from by the 80s and 90s. It was even earlier than that when I hunted out of state. It's really a shame. CA has such great outdoors. The way it's run reminds me of "Escape from NY".

Right there with you. Wife and I were born and raised here. It was not DumbAssIstan at that time. We will leave in a few years.

atleast you guys had arnold for governor. thats pretty neat
download.jpg

As a former LEO I welcome you!
@SmokeyJohn Thanks. I'm getting ready to pull the pin myself. Kinda freaked out when I saw 5 hash marks on my sleeve. Oh and despite the goofy kids we're hiring these days, I still shave before going to work. It looks (like many of my retired friends) that you've decided that is no longer required. Good for you!

atleast you guys had arnold for governor. thats pretty neat
I got to meet him while he was Governator. I was on a security detail for some televised "town hall" thing he did locally. The guy is as wide as he is tall (and frankly he's not as tall as "advertised"). Of course, he was a "tad" past his prime when I met him and had the absolutely worse orangish hair dye job I've ever seen (yeah I get the irony). He still shook our hands, thanked us, and climbed into his vehicle, fired up a cigar and headed out of town. I do regret not getting a picture.

Guess I’m just an old-timer stuck in his ways, but I haven’t bought prepared “rub” in years. I prefer to make my own and periodically adjust to my taste. Now, what I use may well not work for anyone else, but it works for me. And, I’ve never had anyone turn down the BBQ I serve.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back