Trailblazer Crazy temperatures

PapaWhisky

Grill(s) owned
  1. Trailblazer
Does this happen to anyone else?

set for 235 degF and it’s bouncing all over the place
A0326352-B93F-44BD-B0B1-91EF83B75685.png

Looks like the initial bump was when you changed temp from 225 to 235. Do the 300 coincide with anything you did, like opening the lid? How about the big jumps at the end?

Did not open the lid. After this screenshot I opened it to cool it down

it had two more spikes after I posted

Feed rate and type of pellet seem to be the cause of most temperature control problems. What Is your feed rate setting and what pellets are you burning?

I had to lower mine to 3.0. In my case my temperatures stayed well above setpoint most of the time, so a little different than yours. If your pellets have fillers or is a blended flavor, you may get pockets of hotter burning pellets, causing occasional spikes. That is what I was told by RT, and seems to make sense.

I had this problem with my 340 right from the getgo. Rectec asked for pic of my traeger pellets and said they're too long and cause auger feed problems. They sent me a free bag of their pellets and it's worked great ever since. my son has a 700 and burns Pit Boss pellets and his temp stays constant.

My son-in-law was burning Traeger cherry and apple on his 340. no problems with temp. I use Smokehouse Blend by Smokehouse products - Oregon ($15 for 40 lbs at Sam's club). no problems with that either.

My 340 I use cookinpellets. Works perfect. Always exact temp unless I open the top. It will compensate with pellets to raise temp and within 5 min it’s back to normal. Pellets make the difference in my opinion. Factory defaults on everything.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back