Bull Cover problems on 700

JustCarl

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
I recently received my 700 along with the storage cover, and with the bad weather we are having I decided to put the cover on, but after getting it on and tried to attach the leg straps, I could only get three of the four to work, fourth one was to short. No matter how I would try I could only get three out of the four to work. Contacted customers service and told them my problem, and their response was."That it would not blow off with just three straps". REALLY! I thought I ordered a custom cover. I think I got one left over from when the grill had straight legs and when they changed to the wider stance they didn't change cover design.
Any one else have this problem?

I have a smoke box and comp cart on mine, so the cover is massive. I haven't tried to use the straps. They seem to get in the way when rolling it around with the cover on. I was thinking of doing something to get them out of the way. Where I am, I don't see a need for the straps. But I know some people are where everything needs to be lashed down.

I have never tried to use the straps. The covers is so fitted that I did not feel the need to secure it with straps. it will not blow off or even move it fits snug, almost too snug.

Thank you for your input on the cover, my comment was more to the fact that they bill the cover as "PREMIUM CUSTOM-FIT COVER FOR RT-700" Then why to go to the trouble of adding four legs straps if you can't use them? The question was not if you need them or not. And you are right I probably don't need them, just the fact is why have them?

I think the covers they are selling were initially designed for the Bull 700 with the standard legs, not the new ones that tilt outward. I have the cover that was purchased 05/24/19 along with the new grill that came with the newer legs, it's super snug fit very hard to get on & off. I called them to ask if newer covers were available 2nd one came in 11/21/19 fits the same, It seems as if they have not redesigned the cover, for $84.98 it should fit like a glove.

I think the covers they are selling were initially designed for the Bull 700 with the standard legs, not the new ones that tilt outward. I have the cover that was purchased 05/24/19 along with the new grill that came with the newer legs, it's super snug fit very hard to get on & off. I called them to ask if newer covers were available 2nd one came in 11/21/19 fits the same, It seems as if they have not redesigned the cover, for $84.98 it should fit like a glove.
My point exactly! but they don't seem to care. And mine was ordered 01/03/2020

Mine was fairly tight at the start but after you've used it a CPL months it fits just fine.
Smoke stack side needs to be first on and last off, make sure you have it over the horns good before working toward the controller end. After you find the process it's really simple.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back