Bull Controller problem? Not so sure.

Thanks Greg.. I'll check some videos and give it a try. I'd rather make this adjustment knowing it is in a better position than continue to wait for more issues.
That’s a good plan, IMO. The igniter on my first Bullseye cracked, and when I went to change it I discovered that too many riot mode cycles had fused the retaining bolts (the 2.5mm wrench) to their nuts. I ended up screwing up the fire pot trying to remove them. Best to get the adjustment made while they are fairly new. When adjusting, don’t be tempted to bring the tip out proud of flush. My first one came that way, and recteq thought that might be why it eventually cracked.

That’s a good plan, IMO. The igniter on my first Bullseye cracked, and when I went to change it I discovered that too many riot mode cycles had fused the retaining bolts (the 2.5mm wrench) to their nuts. I ended up screwing up the fire pot trying to remove them. Best to get the adjustment made while they are fairly new. When adjusting, don’t be tempted to bring the tip out proud of flush. My first one came that way, and recteq thought that might be why it eventually cracked.

Hey Greg.. went ahead and made the adjustment. One of the set screws I suspect was not actually holding the ignitor much. It was getting snug before it screwed in all the way. I worked it in & out a few times and also applied some anitseize for future. You can see the marks on the sides of the ignitor where one had good contact and the other did not. I wonder if this may have caused it to pull back a bit. Not sure I will ever know. I did have to release the harness in the rear to get the pot to pull out as the wires were pretty snug. Guess we'll see if it continues. Thanks again for the insight. Was pretty simple to do overall.

Some before and after shots. You can see how far back the ignitor was in the rear compared to the later after adjustment.

IMG_9130.jpg

IMG_9131.jpg

IMG_9132.jpg

IMG_9133.jpg

IMG_9134.jpg

My Bull suffered similar intermittent CNDs (could not dulplicate), issues, not resulting in a fire, thankfully, that included wifi drop outs, uncommanded power shut downs, and unanticipated temperature changes/swings about 6 months after I purchased it. RT support immediately sent a new controller board and during the replacement, I noticed a metal chip (assumed to be from the manufacturing/assembly process) was wedged between the board and where it was mounted. I removed it and the Bull has been very reliable since. As you tear it down, take some pictures and look for FOD (foreign objects, debris). Maybe you will get lucky like I did. Good luck. One last thing, as a person with many firefighter brothers, never use a grill inside an enclosure. Your house isn’t worth great tasting ribs!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gymanji
Back