Bull Controller pairing problem and customer service.

Congrats! After a couple of WiFi cooks, you will forget about the trouble and really enjoy the convenience it allows. I rarely leave home during a cook. And for overnight cooks, wow! what an advantage. Enjoy.

Good stuff.. like I said.. you might need to spend a bit of time with your wifi but this is not exactly how that was supposed to go down.

It can be frustrating to get connected but the majority if not all comes down to the end users wifi. Still if Recteq took a page out of this book with some changes both to the process and hardware it would simplify it quite a bit. I mean a simple note in the app to say "your wifi PW" should not be a major change.

Maybe the new investors are watching?

I'm going to get me a bottle of ketchup because I've been told crow is more tolerable with it when you have to eat it. My Bull was connected yesterday with the help of Baret at Recteq. I'll take some of the blame for not getting it connected earlier but what I did, a lot of people could do. When I first downloaded the app it required me to supply a password, which I did. I then began the wifi pairing process. It advises you to pair your user device (phone) with a 2.4gh wifi signal. I did that. It then tells you to hold down the wifi button on the controller until you get a fast blink. I did that. The next screen shows you the wifi signal you're on by name and the block underneath tells you to type in your password. I did that, thirty times at least. It would not pair. The box that says "type in your password" does not state to type in your "wifi" password. As soon as I did that it connected almost immediately. I had been typing in my app password. I discussed it with Recteq today when Zach there called me. He was aware of some of the confusion with this issue and they're addressing it. I just wish the other techs I had been talking too over the last few weeks had been aware of this issue and asked me if I was typing in the wifi password when they were trying to help me. It could have saved a lot of trouble and aggravation. But, all is well. The baby backs have been on for three hours and I'm able to monitor events from my phone. They do have fantastic customer service and appear to care about their customer's satisfaction.
Glad you figured it out. When I got a replacement controller for a probe temperature issue I could not connect. After I powered off the phone, the router, and the modem it connected. Enjoy your grill. I know I am.

When all your passwords for things like this are the same there is never a issue.
It was the same password for all my apps like this. It wanted the Wi-Fi password and I was using a Verizon hotspot. It has it's own password, I didn't get to make it's password for it. That was the whole issue.

I was having issues getting logged in on 2.4. It seems my router only wanted to connect 5.0. Turns out, if you go to your router settings through 192.168.xxx.x, you can set up a guest account with the 2.4 and a simple password. Mine connected immediately to the guest wifi. No more issues.

I had this problem, all i did was change my cell phone settings in wifi to 2.4G, My phone is either 5G or 2.4G so it wont auto switch. I set my phone wifi to 2.4G and it connected in about 15 seconds..

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back