Competition Rub

Gotbbq

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
I saw that Rec Tec had posted their recipe for one of the rubs they make (coffee joe?) Anyone ever see proportions/measurements for the competition rub or
any of the other rubs? ??

Ray Carnes posted this on FB awhile back for the discontinued Joe rub.
Screenshot_20200616-065427_Facebook.jpg

Thanks, i'm guessing it was posted because they discontinued it. Anything on their Casanovas Competition rub? ??

You think that’s Casanova comp rub? Doesn’t seem like same ingredients. This starts with salt as main ingredient. Maybe just have to do an experimental day in rub development. ???

You think that’s Casanova comp rub? Doesn’t seem like same ingredients. This starts with salt as main ingredient. Maybe just have to do an experimental day in rub development. ???
I'm having no luck with finding the recipe for the Casanova Competition rub

Thanks muchly for trying. I’m going to get the ingredients and try to mix something similar. Ever try Oak Ridge BBQ rubs? ??

Saw it on the Rec Tec youtube friday cook. They were making comp butts and instead of rec tec rubs they used this, Oak Ridge BBQ rub. Got me interested. May buy a small sample bag. I have learned over time, get a sample before you dive in fully, it may not be what you like. ??

How good are these Rec Tec rubs competition & pig rub..
Thanks Dan

How good are these Rec Tec rubs competition & pig rub..
Thanks Dan
I use them. They are really good. The best plan, in my opinion, is to develop your own rub. There are some cool books out there in steps to make your own rub recipe. Way cheaper and just what you like. ??

I use Jeff Phillips(Smoking-Meat.com) rub and we love it! You can either buy it already made or he will sell you the recipe!

Ray Carnes posted this on FB awhile back for the discontinued Joe rub. View attachment 4879
Cool. Can't find it though on the Rec Tec official FB page. Do you happen to have the recipe or a URL to where it is. I did search but no luck. Thanks. :)

I don't get how when I quoted your reply the recipe showed up as an attachment, regardless, got it, thanks!

Probably going to have to reduce the yield, the single is 46 cups big, almost 6 gallons. It does scale linearly looking at the Single vs Double.

Screen Shot 2020-06-20 at 9.30.36 AM.png

Last edited:
I use Jeff Phillips(Smoking-Meat.com) rub and we love it! You can either buy it already made or he will sell you the recipe!
I have that too, it’s good. Had to join to get the recipe. Hmmm. ??

I use Oakridge BBQ rubs all the time. Two of my favorites are the Smoked Chili Lime for chicken and pork and the Santa Maria rub for all things beef. The Black Ops rub is very popular for brisket. Great stuff.

I use Oakridge BBQ rubs all the time. Two of my favorites are the Smoked Chili Lime for chicken and pork and the Santa Maria rub for all things beef. The Black Ops rub is very popular for brisket. Great stuff.
Just ordered my first rubs from them. Should be here next week. ??

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back