Competition Rub

I use them. They are really good. The best plan, in my opinion, is to develop your own rub. There are some cool books out there in steps to make your own rub recipe. Way cheaper and just what you like. ??
I just ordered the Casanova & Freakin Greek Rubs to go along with a folding shelf I just ordered. Rec Tec sent an email for 20% off accessories since the shelf wasn't in stock when I bought the grill. Since I was getting the discount and free shipping, I threw in the rubs to give them a try.

I just ordered the Casanova & Freakin Greek Rubs to go along with a folding shelf I just ordered. Rec Tec sent an email for 20% off accessories since the shelf wasn't in stock when I bought the grill. Since I was getting the discount and free shipping, I threw in the rubs to give them a try.
The Casanova is really good. Never tried the Freakin Greek. Spent part of Friday screwing around with spices in trying to make a rub like Casanova. After probably 20 ties, I couldn't tell what anything tasted like. Had to put it to rest and will try again Monday, after my tongue regains its senses. I go through a lot of rub and want to redesign my current rub which is called, Mike's Redux. It's all fun. ??

The best plan, in my opinion, is to develop your own rub. There are some cool books out there in steps to make your own rub recipe. Way cheaper and just what you like.
I bought Paul Kirk's Championship BBQ Sauces a long time ago. There's some good rub recipes in there and he walks you through the process of building rubs. There's a pork rub and a really good all purpose rub hat I've been using since I bought the book.

Small world, it is exactly what i use. Great resource. The book was how I began developing my
own rubs. The book came out 23 years ago!!!!! I'm getting old. $1.97 used on amazon.
I still have mine. ??

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrzBBQ
Back