Bull Competition base wheels

Sully

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
I have the competition base and all 4 wheels swivel. It works great with one small issue. As I pull it from my storage are going down the ramp some times the back wants to pass the front. If I had a second person on the back this would not be an issue. Or if one set of wheels did not swivel it would not be an issue.
Just seeing if anyone else has had this problem and figured out how to lock one set of wheels to go straight.

I have the competition base and all 4 wheels swivel. It works great with one small issue. As I pull it from my storage are going down the ramp some times the back wants to pass the front. If I had a second person on the back this would not be an issue. Or if one set of wheels did not swivel it would not be an issue.
Just seeing if anyone else has had this problem and figured out how to lock one set of wheels to go straight.
Tack weld back wheels so they don't swivel. Replace rear wheels with fixed wheels.

I get the same issue when rounding the corner to pull from the garage to the backyard because of the slanted driveway. It’s not as big of an issue for me because I don’t pull it around back unless I’m doing an overnight smoke, but I certainly know the struggle.

Wondering if anyone knows of a wheel you could lock in place when pulling and be able to release when you want full swivel?

I don't have to move mine up or down any ramps so I can't speak from experience. It seems rather than pulling it down it might work better to push it down so you have control of the uphill end.

You might try clamping a piece of wood between the lock tabs or even drilling a hole in each tab and using a machine screw and wing nut to secure a metal or wood bar. It might also be necessary to secure the bar to the frame. The picture is just to illustrate the idea and not something I've actually tried.

Attachments

• 20210629_212746.jpg
    20210629_212746.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 76
After looking at the problem I discovered when you lock the wheel it also locks the rotation. Took my Dremel and cut the lock tabs on the wheel (s) so now all I have is a rotation lock on 2. The other 2 wheels have a brake and rotation lock. Works great. Did need to re-mount the 2 fixed wheels I removed the brake from to make them track straight.
Maybe I am the only one that fought that problem. Love the Bull!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Srbbates
Back