Bull Transfer Grill to Competition Base

Mlmurrah

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
I am ready to transfer my 700 from the stock base to the competition base. I am told it can be done most easily standing up rather than lying down as when first assembled. It seems to me, however, that the leg tops might spread when the bolts are removed letting the grill slip down.. I am thinking I need to wire the tops of the legs together to prevent spreading. Any thoughts? Other ideas on the transfer?

I did not get any responses, and so I pushed out on my own. My biggest concern was that when we removed the bolts, the very heavy cooking chamber would spread the legs and let it slip down between them. I first removed the upper bolts, then only the nuts and washers on the lower bolts, leaving the bolts in place until my help arrived. The legs are pretty well braced by the lower shelf. When we removed the last bolts to transfer the cooking chamber, there was slight slippage downward on one corner, but my helpers kept it raised. They lifted the cooking chamber and easily transferred it to the competition base. Bolts and nuts installed and ready to go.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back