BFG Cold Weather Smoking

cschiff93

Grill(s) owned
  1. BFG
Just ordered my BFG and can’t wait to lay hands on it! Question I have is around low temp smoking in the Winter. On my old pellet smoker, I have an insulated cover on the barrel. Is there anything for BFG or what are others using.

Just ordered my BFG and can’t wait to lay hands on it! Question I have is around low temp smoking in the Winter. On my old pellet smoker, I have an insulated cover on the barrel. Is there anything for BFG or what are others using.
Welcome! A welding blanket is what most use, but it might be difficult to find one large enough for a BFG. recteq may be able to recommend something-not a large number of BFG owners active here.

I have a Tillman felt welding blanket for my much smaller 340. They do sell a 6’ x 6’ if you are interested. Obviously you’d have to cut it down to size but you might get several out of it.
Tillman Blanket

Not sure where you’re located, I’m in GA. We don’t get the severe cold like other parts of the country but I’ve done several single digit overnight cooks on my old 590 and current 1250 with no blanket or anything. Was my pellet use up a little yeah, but not a huge amount.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back