Bull Cold smoke box and ping pong balls

NBK

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
Well - the smoke box arrived at my house ahead of the Bull today and the lower thermometer was broken in half and unattached as well as the interior of the box being scratched up and light dents etc... RecTeq shipped the shelves and hardware loose in the smoker box and it looks like they rattled around like a ping pong ball.

So from the looks of it, I will get to test out the customer service rather sooner than I had hoped. Not to worry though, I am sure they will take care of the situation. The Bull arrives this Monday as does the cart. I am sure it will make it to my house safe and sound. I am really looking forward to getting this rig figured out. So much to cook and so little time! :giggle:

Smoke_box.jpg

Well - the smoke box arrived at my house ahead of the Bull today and the lower thermometer was broken in half and unattached as well as the interior of the box being scratched up and light dents etc... RecTeq shipped the shelves and hardware loose in the smoker box and it looks like they rattled around like a ping pong ball.

So from the looks of it, I will get to test out the customer service rather sooner than I had hoped. Not to worry though, I am sure they will take care of the situation. The Bull arrives this Monday as does the cart. I am sure it will make it to my house safe and sound. I am really looking forward to getting this rig figured out. So much to cook and so little time! :giggle:

View attachment 8963
They did the same with my 590. I ordered the all weather vents and they just shoved them in the box loose. During shipping the caused a scratch on the hopper and a big gouge to the control panel screen. I called them, emailed a couple pictures, and a couple days later I had a new controller and some paint. They will make it right with you.

I Spoke with Tess at Recteq about 8:45 AM PST this morning. She was friendly and very helpful. Two hours later I had a tracking number with a new cold box thermometer and a can of black porcelain enamel touch-up paint on its way.

Good folks...I can't ask for more than that. I am warm and fuzzy. Life is good and the project is on track!

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back