Coffee

Dr.Floyd

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Military Veteran
Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
I have been trying different coffee brands to find the best cup for drinking after eating some BBQ. If you have not tried Black Rifle coffee, you should check it out. I really like the Tactisquatch dark roast. It is smooth for a strong cup of black coffee. Black Rifle is also partner brand of RecTeq.

Call me a “coffee snob” if you want, but I prefer single-origin coffee rather than blends. We get our roasted whole beans online and vacuum-packed from Fresh Roasted Coffee and grind them in a Jura Impressa J9 machine as each cup is made. Our current favorite is from the Indonesian island of Bali (Bali Blue Moon).

That does sound good.
Is good, been there and do that. Back to the op post, I used to get fresh coffee from the Alaska Roasting company on my way home all the time. I like single not blends but to each their own. I miss my work in AK and my back pack smelled soooooo good for the 12 hrs of flight time, when I opened it.

I go for Sumatra in a V60 dripper, while we travel I try different local roasters, don’t think I’ve had any 2 that were the same When buying Sumatra, some are great, some no so much. Some are covered with oil, some are dry. FWIW, currently using Barrington Coffee Roasters. I do use a Kourig when speed counts, for that I use Peet’s.

I used to be a fan of BR coffee until they sold out, that's what happens all too often when you grow/expand as a company. I don't think their coffee is anything special at all, I'll just keep buying fresh roasted beans from my local family owned coffee shops.

No Black Rifle for me.

I get 2 lb bags of fresh roasted beans from a local shop (for under $15) to feed my Expobar espresso machine that fires 1200+ double or triple shots per year.

Occasionally splurge and get 5 lbs of beans from one of the US competition winning roasters when they are having a sale.

If you’re looking for a great cup of coffee I ask that you check out The Lawman Rub Co. Small batch fresh roasted coffee. The coffee bean is a higher quality than most coffee roasters use. The coffee is very low in acidic and bitterness making a smooth cup. Several of my customers were BRCC customers and have converted.

The Second Amendment is the most popular and filled by the current Limited Edition Columbo Blend which is flavored. Rum, vanilla, chocolate and Bourbon. No cream and sugar needed.

wwww.thelawmanstore.com

Use coupon code “Lawman10” at check out. If you make a notation on there you are from this page I will toss in some BBQ seasoning

IMG_4375.jpeg

IMG_4377.jpeg

Just use your favorite coffee in an ESPRO french press.. It will be better...Lots Better...

Call me a “coffee snob” if you want, but I prefer single-origin coffee rather than blends. We get our roasted whole beans online and vacuum-packed from Fresh Roasted Coffee and grind them in a Jura Impressa J9 machine as each cup is made. Our current favorite is from the Indonesian island of Bali (Bali Blue Moon).
You’re right…you are a coffee snob. LOL
But, hey, whatever floats your boat and helps you enjoy the finer things in life, go for it. I’m a bit that way about my Scotch Whisky. 😊

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back