Bull Clean Up

clw2613

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
Thought I would contribute instead of asking a question.

After a cook, I put the grates and drip pan in a large plastic trash can, add some dish washing liquid, then fill the can with enough water to cover the grates. I let them soak until the next day, then use some Goo Gone grill cleaner and a sponge pad to get most of the black off. Following that, I put the grates in the dish washer and wash with the most severe cleaning cycle. The grates come out sparkling clean and the best part is that I don't have to spend a lot of effort scrubbing off heat/smoke stains or burnt drippings.

I also use the Google Gone grill cleaner to clean the smoke stains off of all of the temperature probes.

Hope this useful to someone else.

Thought I would contribute instead of asking a question.

After a cook, I put the grates and drip pan in a large plastic trash can, add some dish washing liquid, then fill the can with enough water to cover the grates. I let them soak until the next day, then use some Goo Gone grill cleaner and a sponge pad to get most of the black off. Following that, I put the grates in the dish washer and wash with the most severe cleaning cycle. The grates come out sparkling clean and the best part is that I don't have to spend a lot of effort scrubbing off heat/smoke stains or burnt drippings.

I also use the Google Gone grill cleaner to clean the smoke stains off of all of the temperature probes.

Hope this useful to someone else.
Great information on how to clean up the grill, thanks for sharing.

I guess I'm too nasty as I just use my stainless steel pot scrubber on the top of the grate. When I do a full cleanup I scrub the bottom side of the grate. I figger anything that can survive the heat I deserve to get. Oh, and I also use the scrubber on the temp probes.

I guess I'm too nasty as I just use my stainless steel pot scrubber on the top of the grate. When I do a full cleanup I scrub the bottom side of the grate. I figger anything that can survive the heat I deserve to get. Oh, and I also use the scrubber on the temp probes.
LOL I've always said the best flavor is from the previous cooks.

Last edited:
Too much like work. Mine go into the dishwasher on regular cycle. I knock off any remaining debris with a stainless steel scrub bud. Good as new.

I've always shut it down and leave remaining residue till next cook. Specially helps with cast iron grates. Leave dried grease so never have to worry about rusting.

I'm envious that some of you have a dishwasher that will hold the RT700 grills. A dishwasher made for an easy clean up when I had a Masterbuilt and a Bradley. When I am finished with a smoke, I hit the grills with a grill brush while still hot to loosen the bits and pieces, then with a hand full of wet paper towels (using a grill glove that comes up to the elbow), wipe the grills. The residue comes off pretty easily. I think I am going to try some Bartenders Friend to clean the exterior stainless. After all, the RT700 is yard art.

Wood scraper on grates, scrape debris off drip pan...get ready for the next cook. I've done the same level of maintenance on my weber gasser and it is 18 years old, have only replaced hoses.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back