Clean Up?

BigDog

How do you guys clean up your grates? I have noticed alot of people here have grates that look like they just came out of the box. I have tried various methods but nothing makes them look like new.

Help
20230527_084750.jpg

How do you guys clean up your grates? I have noticed alot of people here have grates that look like they just came out of the box. I have tried various methods but nothing makes them look like new.

HelpView attachment 19295
Mine look about the same as yours using the Dawn Powerwash. Getting the grates looking new felt like too much effort for us.

Help
I use these.

Scotch-Brite Stainless Steel Scouring Pads​

They work great and leave it looking brand new. I clean them after 1-2 cooks. It takes just a few minutes to scrub the grate. I also use the non-stick mats made for smokers; they keep a lot of the stuff off of the grates. The mats are easy to clean in your dishwasher.

Last edited:
I use these.

Scotch-Brite Stainless Steel Scouring Pads​

They work great and leave it looking brand new. I clean them after 1-2 cooks. It takes just a few minutes to scrub the grate. I also use the non-stick mats made for smokers; they keep a lot of the stuff off of the grates. The mats are easy to clean in your dishwasher.
Oooo that is a great idea! Thanks

All that seasoning..being scrubbed off. Getting crusty food particles off with a brush is a must, but no way and I taking chemicals to the grates and taking off all of the seasoning from multiple cooks.

Personally, I would never take soap to any part of the inside of my cookers

I soak my grates in our utility sink with dishwashing soap and then use stainless steel scrubbie to clean. Easy-peasy 😁

Burn of crud in gasser. When cool, slice open 1 side of a trash bag, insert rack, spray down with Members Mark oven and grill cleaner (Amazon), close bag, wait 20 or so, hose off. I take a SS scrubby to it if needed but really don’t worry about them looking new.

All that seasoning..being scrubbed off. Getting crusty food particles off with a brush is a must, but no way and I taking chemicals to the grates and taking off all of the seasoning from multiple cooks.

Personally, I would never take soap to any part of the inside of my cookers
Agreed. Sometimes I don't even brush them.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alan Hollister
Back