Stampede Chili on a RT

ndfan6464

Active Military
Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
Question for you RT fantastics. Have any of you cooked chili on your smoker yet?

I was thinking of doing lumberjack jack chill on it. Plan was to smoke it at 225 for about an hour or two then kit it up to 350 for about 3 hours.

Just wanted to see who's donr what chili wise on their smoker and see what worked and what didnt. Thanks. I did a search and only thing that came up was a chili recipe for a slow cooker.

I typically cook all my chili over an open fire in my cast iron pots. My plan this year though is to do chili this fall on the recteq bull. I have not yet.

Agree. That's the way I like to cook mine as well. I've done smoked chili on my stick burner but havent in my RT yet...

I’ve never cooked chili outdoors, and I expect it’s because I love the smell of a slow-cooked chili as it fills the entire house. Perhaps I’ll try it this fall when it’s still warm enough that I can keep the windows open and see if I get the smell of the chili and the smoke in the house.

I love chili, but have not cooked it our on my RT. However, leftover brisket etc. is great to make a pot of chili! Adds that slight smokiness to the chili.

I’ve never cooked chili outdoors, and I expect it’s because I love the smell of a slow-cooked chili as it fills the entire house. Perhaps I’ll try it this fall when it’s still warm enough that I can keep the windows open and see if I get the smell of the chili and the smoke in the house.
Hahah oh I definitely love the smell of chili cooking... guess I could always roll the old smoker indoors. Wife may not like it, guess well find out hahah

I love chili, but have not cooked it our on my RT. However, leftover brisket etc. is great to make a pot of chili! Adds that slight smokiness to the chili.

Brisket makes a great chili along with some good ground sausage. Yes I said it, ground sausage and brisket. Lol

The things to do recteq list just got a little longer, we both love chili and plan to try cooking some in the fall when the temps calm down. The Mrs. is always throwing different things in the chili when she makes it we call it clean out the fridge/freezer chili, always comes out amazing.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back