Screenshot_20180812-212518_Word.jpg

Ingredients
  • 1 stick, plus 1 TBS butter
  • 1 cup brown sugar
  • 1 cup white sugar
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp nutmeg
  • 4 cups Granny Smith Apples, peeled and chopped into small pieces
  • 1 box refrigerator piecrust (or homemade)
Instructions

In a large iron skillet, melt 1 stick of butter and 1 cup brown sugar (do not caramelize, just melt the two together). Cover with piecrust, add apples, 3/4 c white sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg. Cover with top crust that has been slit in 3-4 places. Brush top with melted tablespoon of butter and sprinkle top with remaining 1/4 cup of sugar.

Place in Rec Tec preheated to 350 degrees, for 30-45 minutes or until apples are tender.

Bump temp up to 375 for about 15 minutes until crust is brown.

This was amazing!

I'm not a pie guy myself, unless it's apple pie so this is certainly going to be one I will be trying soon!

You get much smoke flavor in it? We tried pecan bars a few weeks ago. They were good, and just the slightest hint of smoke - I almost wanted a little more.

You get much smoke flavor in it? We tried pecan bars a few weeks ago. They were good, and just the slightest hint of smoke - I almost wanted a little more.
Didn't taste a lot of smoke. Not near as much as expected. A delicious apple pie none the less. I may throw the apple slices in the cold smoker box next time for a few. That should help give it a bit more smoke kick.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
I smell smoke
Back