Bull Burn in done, minor issue

mwshort

I got my RT700 assembled and in the burn in done last night. At first was concerned- wouldn't heat up, after 15 or so minute hadn't gained more that 3 degrees. I turned it off and turned it back on, and it fired up immediately, got to 400 quickly and held stable for the hour.

Any idea what could have caused this, something I should watch in the future?

15 minutes for first ignition isn't too long in my opinion. Let us know how it goes from here on out.
Glad to know it's nothing major. I'm obviously a newbie and don't 100% understand the mechanics yet. so out of curiosity, why would the first ignition take longer?

I got my RT700 assembled and in the burn in done last night. At first was concerned- wouldn't heat up, after 15 or so minute hadn't gained more that 3 degrees. I turned it off and turned it back on, and it fired up immediately, got to 400 quickly and held stable for the hour.

Don't sweat it for the first cook. Also be aware pellets will be added at the end of a cook to aid in start-up.

Did you load pellets in the firebox before firing it up? If not, I would assume it took that long to feed pellets from the hopper to firebox.

Did you load pellets in the firebox before firing it up? If not, I would assume it took that long to feed pellets from the hopper to firebox.
I followed the instructions in the manual to put a hand full in the pot and fill the hopper. Maybe took a while for auger to fill the pot after initial handful burned off. Either way, seems to be a lean mean smokin' machine now.

In addition to pellets in the firepot, the ignitor rod needs to come up to temperature - and then get pellets burning. That takes a few minutes. You should be fine.

I'm voting for just the auger needing to be primed .. likely as you said burned the initial amount off then fired once primed.

If you still have issues take a look at the ignitor position. It should be flush with the bore it sits in. Mine was in about a 1/4 in. Since adjusted I have not had an issue but we'll see.

It took a little while for mine on the burn off as well. However since then it fires right up! I do think it takes a minute for the auger getting primed as well.

I've had mine for a few weeks now...and it did the same thing, took forever to get to temp for the season/burn off and I was concerned at first but it got there eventually. And it hasn't taken that long at all since. I had it up to 600 degrees last night with the sear plates and it got there pretty quickly actually.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back