Bullseye Bullseye probe calibration

FTRecTec

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
  2. Bullseye
Could someone direct me to a link that can walk me through the calibration of the meat probe. I tested it and it’s 7 degrees off. TIA

I did mine by putting both probes and my own Thermoworks professional probe into a cup of ice water. Let it get as cold as possible so the temp is steady... (I also put a label on each probe wire that are " AAAA" and "BBBB" as probes may differ from each other, so this way each probe is calibrated to the proper plug in front.

Next push and hold the settings button for a couple seconds. (The gear looking button). Then each rapid push cycles thru the settings. PrA and PrB for probe A and B. Then starting with A, the factory setting is "0". You change it in percentage points, so go up 1 or down 1. Back out and look at probe temp compared to your own probe. Keep repeating until you match temp. Keep in mind, this is a percentage and you may be off 1 degree either direction. I messed with it for an hour trying to be exact until I realized your not adjusting by an actual degree. Then repeat for probe B.. you can calibrated the internal thermo the same way.. it's also in the settings but I think it's labeled "OFS" which is the Offset thermo.. and "AUG" is for auger adjustments..

Sorry for misspelling if there are any.. I can spell really well. I just can't type. And I just rolled out of bed with allergies, and sneezing every 5 seconds..

Last edited:
Thanks for the responses but those are instructions on getting into the menus on the non-Bullseye controllers. The buttons and menu are different on the Bullseye. I'll give RecTec a call and see if they can walk me through how to do it on that controller.

On the Bullseye Support page of Rec Tec’s site, there is an option to download the troubleshooting guide. In there, it gives directions on how to enter test mode. One of the options is meat probe test. I haven’t confirmed this, but I expect what you will see there will mirror what you see in the video posted above. Or just call RT support as you mentioned and let them walk you through the process.

Not published anywhere so I thought I’d provide RecTec’s instructions..... I can confirm it worked.

Press and hold the Up Arrow and Temp Display at the same time until 65 pops up and the red light is on Set Point, this is the Minimum Feed Rate Setting.

Once you press the Temp Display button the red light will move to Actual and the screen should read 0, this is the Offset feature.

Press Temp Display again and the red light will move to Meat, this is the Meat Probe Calibration. (Meat Probe ranges are +10 and – 10) Use the Up and Down arrows to adjust all the settings – pressing the Temp Display button continuously will cycle between these three screens in a loop.

To Exit settings, simply press Power.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back