Bullseye Bullseye pizza kit and griddle worth it?

somemayo

Grill(s) owned
  1. RT-1250
Anyone try the bullseye pizza kit from Recteq, about to pick up a 380x and was thinking about adding that and the griddle. Are they worth it ?

$150!!! Why not cook your pizza on the griddle? If it's properly seasoned, it will work fine. That's what I do on my 1070 with the large griddle.

$150!!! Why not cook your pizza on the griddle? If it's properly seasoned, it will work fine. That's what I do on my 1070 with the large griddle.
Well this is why I come here to get the expert opinions. Was not sure if there is a big difference between the griddle and the stone for making pizza

There are a lot cheaper ways to cook pizza on any of these grills. Even though I bought the OnlyFire pizza oven I usually just use screens and cook them on the 700 because I can do two at a time. Now if you really want the griddle, using the pizza cooker as an additional reason (excuse) can help you sell it to the better half for sure.
For searing I highly recommend the Aura 22” Cast Iron Grate.

There are a lot cheaper ways to cook pizza on any of these grills. Even though I bought the OnlyFire pizza oven I usually just use screens and cook them on the 700 because I can do two at a time. Now if you really want the griddle, using the pizza cooker as an additional reason (excuse) can help you sell it to the better half for sure.
For searing I highly recommend the Aura 22” Cast Iron Grate.
Well I had been looking thinking about getting a griddle like a Blackstone to go with my 1250, but getting this 380x for 400 figured it might be a better way to go more flexible then the blackstone. I just saw the pizza stone option on recteq site just didn’t know if anyone had tried it, I think it’s new.

We started using a rectangular Baking Steel (brand) 'steel pizza / baking stone' to cook pizza either on the 1070 or inside in the oven. We have an assortment of pizza stones but started baking bread and thought we would try the steel. We have used the pizza stones (assorted diameters and thicknesses) in the BGE, 1070, and oven all with good results. We found the secret is in the dough we make and be >500 degrees. BGE get to 700 and cooks a thin crust pizza on 90 seconds. Hope this helps. If you are talking Detroit and Chicago pizza that is a whole other story. For them its about the type of metal pan you use, the ingredients you use, and the order of the ingredients.

We started using a rectangular Baking Steel (brand) 'steel pizza / baking stone' to cook pizza either on the 1070 or inside in the oven. We have an assortment of pizza stones but started baking bread and thought we would try the steel. We have used the pizza stones (assorted diameters and thicknesses) in the BGE, 1070, and oven all with good results. We found the secret is in the dough we make and be >500 degrees. BGE get to 700 and cooks a thin crust pizza on 90 seconds. Hope this helps. If you are talking Detroit and Chicago pizza that is a whole other story. For them its about the type of metal pan you use, the ingredients you use, and the order of the ingredients.
Yeah basically I want to be able to cook some thin crust pizzas. Instead of getting an onni I figured the bullseye can do this for me.

How’s the steel vs the stones?

Yeah basically I want to be able to cook some thin crust pizzas. Instead of getting an onni I figured the bullseye can do this for me.
There are multiple ways to bake a good pie in the Buleseye, so only buy an Ooni if you want one to play with. As mentioned, the Baking Steel and Grill Grates flipped upside down (I have both) do a great job with pizza.

How’s the steel vs the stones?
Pros and cons to both-I‘m not an expert with either one, but the Baking Steel‘s pros includes more versatile (use it as a griddle, etc.),more durable (won’t break), and I’d give it a slight edge for thin crust. The cons are it can rust if you neglect it. The stones are slightly better on thick crust, but they absorb oils, they break more easily, and they are for the most part a unitasker. Either one will bake an awesome pie.

Anyone try the bullseye pizza kit from Recteq, about to pick up a 380x and was thinking about adding that and the griddle. Are they worth it ?
I use this for pizza. Follow normal directions. I use oak.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001CIEJZG?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share
69257799119__B9BC7B2B-1EF8-4FC0-9CED-7897D7A8AF8D.jpeg

I may have to try the steel. That said, I do like the perforated pans like @Drake showed. They are inexpensive, negate the need for a pizza peel, and when I have family over for a pizza party, I can throw a bunch on the kitchen counter and everyone can build their desired pizzas and I cook two at a time at 500 for 6 to 10 minutes depending upon how crazy people get with toppings.

I may have to try the steel. That said, I do like the perforated pans like @Drake showed. They are inexpensive, negate the need for a pizza peel, and when I have family over for a pizza party, I can throw a bunch on the kitchen counter and everyone can build their desired pizzas and I cook two at a time at 500 for 6 to 10 minutes depending upon how crazy people get with toppings.
Say goodbye to your perfectly round pies then. I do just use the large steel griddle, works great - pretty random shaped pies. Yes, I use cornmeal to help it slide. Any more cornmeal I think it would be like eating gravel pizza.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alan Hollister
Back