Grilling Notes: Friday Night Chicken & Alabama White Sauce Pizza (Bullseye) - 28 May 2021

Sscottfitz

Grill(s) owned
  1. Trailblazer
  2. Bullseye
First and foremost, thanks to my fellow service men & women who've made the ultimate sacrifice for our country - I have WAY too many friends who we've already laid to rest in Arlington. Our thoughts of them and their families are always on our mind.

THAT SAID, so this evening's Pizza night was with a totally new topping attempt for us. We'd made a pretty good batch of Alabama White Sauce (AWS) for a Spatchcocked Chicken cook last week. We liked the sauce and figured we'd give it a try during our normal Friday night Pizza cook. I'll say overall we're very happy with the results, but we've already gotten some ideas to make this even better. Additionally, the master chef took delivery of some new Papered Chef Pizza Stones which we figured could potentially change the cook time due to some changes with the stones, materials used, stone shapes, etc. It did, but not by much.......

• Grill Location: Hot Springs Village, AR.; 34 37 60.0N 92 54 55.4W
  • Weather at time of Grill: Mostly sunny with a pretty stiff breeze coming out of the north-north-west which typically brings our humidity down a little this time of year.. Temp ~86F, Humidity 43%.
  • Total Grill Time: ~28 Min (16:12 - 16:40 CDT) [Grill Start to Grill Off]
  • Total Event Time: ~58 Min (Prep time + Grill Time) - does NOT include time spent making the dough in the bread maker - we continue to be big fans of fresh homemade pizza dough, so it literally comes out of the bread maker an onto the prep board.
  • Grill Plates: N/A
  • Temp Probes: N/A
  • Pellets Used: Rec Tec Ultimate Blend

• Item Grilled: Homemade Pizza
    • ~14” Thin Crust (FRESH homemade dough)
    • Main Ingredients, Chicken, Peppers, Onions, on an Alabama White Sauce with Mozzarella & Parmesan Cheeses
    • Total Pizza Prep Time: ~20 min (does not include making the dough - that process is about 1.5 hrs)
    • Total Pizza Grill Time: ~11 min (~16:29 - 16:40 CDT) : NOTE We used a new Pampered Chef Pizza Stone this cook, with handles, so the cook time took a couple of minutes longer

Misc Grill Observations - all times are CDT
  • Grill Start to Target Temp 400F: 90 F to 400 F *~ 15 min (16:12 - 16:27 CDT)
  • Pizza placed on a new 15” Pizza Stone (Pampered Chef ), parchment paper between dough & stone - On the grill at 16:29 CDT

General Comments:

• Really liked this pizza recipe, we've seen s couple of variations on the "interweb", but the master chef did her own version. Couple of changes that we'll probably adjust for future cooks is a 1) little thicker application of the Alabama White Sauce as a base, also 2) have some extra AWS available as a "drizzle" sauce for your pie.
  • OBTW, getting ready to do our first Rib cook on the Trailblazer tomorrow (Saturday) - haven't yet decided if we're going for the 3-2-1 or a 2-2-.5, but it will be something like that - kind of think I'm leaning to the 3-2-1 as I really like my ribs on the "fall off the bone" side.....

Attachments

• Getting Ready to Make Pizza 20210528.jpeg
    Getting Ready to Make Pizza 20210528.jpeg
    4.1 MB · Views: 194
  • New Pampered Chef Stone with Handles 20210528.jpeg
    New Pampered Chef Stone with Handles 20210528.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 85
  • Base AWS Sauce 20210528.jpeg
    Base AWS Sauce 20210528.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 100
  • AWS Chicken Pizza Ready for Cook 20210528.jpeg
    AWS Chicken Pizza Ready for Cook 20210528.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 101
  • AWS Pizza Just on the Bullseye 20210528.jpeg
    AWS Pizza Just on the Bullseye 20210528.jpeg
    4.1 MB · Views: 101
  • AWS Pizza Done 20210528.jpeg
    AWS Pizza Done 20210528.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 112
  • Plated AWS Chicken Pizza 20210528.jpeg
    Plated AWS Chicken Pizza 20210528.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 112
Looks really good! My in-laws lived in HSV(both gone now) on Castano Dr. We refugeed there during Katrina. Loved it up there.

Looks really good! My in-laws lived in HSV(both gone now) on Castano Dr. We refugeed there during Katrina. Loved it up there.
We really like it too, we moved here as both of my parents are in their mid/late 80s, plus after living in the DC area for 23 years, we were ready to settle down for our retirement years someplace with significantly less pace....this place is definitely that!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back