Bull Accessories

ALL OF THEM!!! LOL

I purchased the package that came with every accessory they had. I looked into all of them and knew I would use them all.

I would say...
The shelf...definitely!
The cover unless its under a covered patio but I would still use one for dirt and stuff.
The sear kit is Grill Grates and they are fantstic! I have them on another gas grill as well and just awesome!
I used the mesh mats on the fouth of july and they worked great. Im sure you could get them somewhere else but all of the ones I looked up all had issues with not being very nonstick and hard to clean and the ones from Rec Tec cleaned up with no problem! Just ask my wife...LOL

I got the both the large and small second racks with the kit and I used the large one for the 4th. I put appetizers on it while the ribs were on the grates below. Worked nice! They are a bit pricey but they work.

I did get the comp cart because I knew I was adding the smoke box and wanted maximum stability. That was also before they came out with the new leg design which eliminates any issues with stability. Mine is currently setup without the cart because they were on backorder and it is setup with the smoke box installed and it rolls around quite wonderfully with no issues of tipping. So in hindsight I could have saved 300.00 ...live and learn which is why I am telling you.

My kit also came with all of the rubs and sauces...they are great but not needed. The hefer Dust is stupid good!!

If there is anything specific you want to know about just ask.

Hope this helps!

@this_is_my_name Hey bud...have you used your cold smoker box yet?
When I was doing the burn in with the grill at 400... I found in the smoke box that the top temp guage reading 260 while the bottom one was at 160-170.
I am working on a mod that hopefully will keep the temp inside it lower. Hopefully if it isnt raining I can get it done on Thurs. I shall report back my findings;)

@this_is_my_name Hey bud...have you used your cold smoker box yet?
When I was doing the burn in with the grill at 400... I found in the smoke box that the top temp guage reading 260 while the bottom one was at 160-170.
I am working on a mod that hopefully will keep the temp inside it lower. Hopefully if it isnt raining I can get it done on Thurs. I shall report back my findings;)

Yikes... That defeats of purpose of a "cold smoke box" if you're seeing temps like that... Then again, that was with the temp. set at 400..

When i had it on low, the upperrack did get hot but I was able to smoke cheese on the lower rack. I will be doing another smoke shortly so I can report back. I just got my unit and the cheese was all I could do before needing to leave town.

Yikes... That defeats of purpose of a "cold smoke box" if you're seeing temps like that... Then again, that was with the temp. set at 400..
Yes I completely agree....but even on the low setting the box gets too warm in my opinion. Correct me if I am wrong but isnt cold smoking done in the 70 to 90 deg range?
I am in florida I cannot cold smoke most of the year because ambient is higher than those temps.

When i had it on low, the upperrack did get hot but I was able to smoke cheese on the lower rack. I will be doing another smoke shortly so I can report back. I just got my unit and the cheese was all I could do before needing to leave town.
Do you know what you ambient temp was and when at the low setting what your guages were reading?

Hmm I don't recall. I believe I didnt want it above 100 but don't remember for sure. I am traveling home right now and plan to do cheese again (which turned out great). I did 90 min on Low and nothing "melted". I will pay closer attention next time around. I will say that I got up at 5am to ensure the outside temp was lower and let it run while I packed.

Hmm I don't recall. I believe I didnt want it above 100 but don't remember for sure. I am traveling home right now and plan to do cheese again (which turned out great). I did 90 min on Low and nothing "melted". I will pay closer attention next time around. I will say that I got up at 5am to ensure the outside temp was lower and let it run while I packed.
I love smoked cheese but since ambient here is so high I cant do any "cold smoking" until it gets cooler here...maybe december...lol

What I really need to be able to do is maintain a 110-140 in the box so I can start maybe some salami, pepperoni and such

Yes I completely agree....but even on the low setting the box gets too warm in my opinion. Correct me if I am wrong but isnt cold smoking done in the 70 to 90 deg range?
I am in florida I cannot cold smoke most of the year because ambient is higher than those temps.
I'd think anything less than 100 degrees would be for cold smoking. I use my MES with the side cold box during the winter and never really measured internal temps of the smoker..

http://www.smokepistol.com/cold_smoking.html - based on this.. 80 - 100 and anything less than 120 degrees..

Okay. So outside temp is 72. The grill is on low and I was able to place on bottom rack and keep the temp at or below 100deg. Worked well.

20190708_194659.jpg
20190708_194709.jpg
20190708_194716.jpg

Last edited:
@this_is_my_name Thank you for the feedback.... That looks great!! I really love cheese in general but smoked cheese is well ...awesome!
Having an ambient temp of 72 helps....my ambient at 6 am this morning is 85. I guess I am going to have to do some testing to see how it comes out. What is in the pan under the cheese?

@this_is_my_name Thank you for the feedback.... That looks great!! I really love cheese in general but smoked cheese is well ...awesome!
Having an ambient temp of 72 helps....my ambient at 6 am this morning is 85. I guess I am going to have to do some testing to see how it comes out. What is in the pan under the cheese?

Nothing was in the pan (except aluminum foil). I guess I am still worried about dirtying the rec tec lol. It was a pan to catch the cheese grease. I don't have a liner in my tin can yet. My last amazon order is coming this week and I should have all of my accessories lol.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back