boneless Boston butt cooking time

Armando

Hello everyone. just bought the RT-590 and new to pellet grilling. I have 2- ea boneless boston butts 4lbs and 3lbs to smoke and was wondering how do we figure out the time? or is it just based on the meat thermometer getting to 165 then covering it up and get it to 205 or so. Anyhelp is appreciated and thanks

I inject, rub, and cook at 250+/-. Depending upon the size, I average about 11 - 13 hours uncovered for the entire cook. I pull at around 203 (seems like a weird number but it works reliably for me as it's not dried out, but fall apart tender) and rest for another hour or so wrapped and put in an insulated cooler or even in a "cold" oven.

I always cook to temperature, not time. I know for big hunks of meat to plan on at least 10 hours.

Hello everyone. just bought the RT-590 and new to pellet grilling. I have 2- ea boneless boston butts 4lbs and 3lbs to smoke and was wondering how do we figure out the time? or is it just based on the meat thermometer getting to 165 then covering it up and get it to 205 or so. Anyhelp is appreciated and thanks
Welcome to the insanity

Thanks everyone for your input. got it going and lets see how my first try comes out.
thanks again for all your help

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back