Bull Blank LCD display

spawn021

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
My RT700 had a blank display today(back light was on but no numbers). Grill seemed to work ok. I was able to manage it from the app. After the cook I turned it off and back on with the same issue.
Any ideas what could be wrong?

My RT700 had a blank display today(back light was on but no numbers). Grill seemed to work ok. I was able to manage it from the app. After the cook I turned it off and back on with the same issue.
Any ideas what could be wrong?
Call RT.

Sounds like a failed display on the controller board if you can see data on the app but the display is blank. You could try unplugging the grill for a couple of hours and then plugging it back in, but I’m guessing that won’t help. It is definitely time to call Recteq.

Sounds like a failed display on the controller board if you can see data on the app but the display is blank. You could try unplugging the grill for a couple of hours and then plugging it back in, but I’m guessing that won’t help. It is definitely time to call Recteq.
I’ll try that first. Tks

They'll ship you a controller ASAP if needed.

Not that this is your issue, but keeping the display out of direct sun will make the LCD display last longer. I just place something on the shelf above it to shade it. BBQ gloves work well for this. UV light fades the LCD display over time. My Thermoworks Smoke had to have the display changed because it faded from too much direct sunlight.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back