Black Friday deals and links

I remember the old days where RecTeq would give you a free Matador with a Black Friday grill purchase. Now it's "up to 20% off".

20% off is worth more than a Matador. Just sayin’!
Bugs Bunny Wtf GIF by Looney Tunes

I got the matador several years ago with the freebie deal. I put it together but have yet to even fire it up. I would have rather had the 20% off.

Yep. I have a few different Amazon lists. Lots of them have a Black Friday/Cyber Monday logo next to the price but the price is the same as last week.
Yes but the difference is “It’s on Sale” 🤪 or so they act.

Well, I managed to get through “Hell Week”—er, Black Friday Week—without buying another Wusthof knife. There’s still Cyber Monday, but I think I have all the knives I need. That said, I did pick up a pair of Wusthof 10” Poultry Shears. They weren’t on sale, but my old (and cheap) poultry shears recently broke, so…you know… :rolleyes:

IMG_2519.jpeg

IMG_2518.jpeg

Well, I managed to get through “Hell Week”—er, Black Friday Week—without buying another Wusthof knife. There’s still Cyber Monday, but I think I have all the knives I need. That said, I did pick up a pair of Wusthof 10” Poultry Shears. They weren’t on sale, but my old (and cheap) poultry shears recently broke, so…you know… :rolleyes:

View attachment 20672
View attachment 20673
Very nice Jim. We have a set of Marks shears that were a gift many years ago. They sure come in handy.

SpitJack Spitjack has some amazing prices on Amazon good through tonight. I have their slicer knife, excellent, and I paid more for it than this deal with a trimming knife. I just ordered the Damascus chef’s knife-if anything like the quality of the slicer, it’s a steal at under $35.

IMG_0995.jpeg

SpitJack Spitjack has some amazing prices on Amazon good through tonight. I have their slicer knife, excellent, and I paid more for it than this deal with a trimming knife. I just ordered the Damascus chef’s knife-if anything like the quality of the slicer, it’s a steal at under $35.

View attachment 20675
😩 don’t look, I’m not, oh yes you are 🤣

Smithey Cast Iron, Charleston, SC. One more plug this Holiday Season for the good guys doing business in the Low Country of SC. As a disclaimer, I know these folks, visit them (too) often, have been a customer since I think day one, great people, great products. Gave them my input on a couple of projects. I still, have never nor ever will, receive a penny or a discount for recommending them. Good people if you want some great cast iron/forged cookware made in the USA.

I didn't survive but I did stay away from my hobbies. I spent way too much on the wife buying her Snoopy and Doctor Who stuff. The kids get mad if you give them anything but cash so don't have to worry about deals for them. Maybe I'm getting old but Black Friday just isn't "fun" anymore. I used to gripe at the time but looking back it was a lot of fun getting up at 3am to go get in line at whatever store my wife said had the deals she wanted. Then when we were done shopping at 8 or 9am we would stop at Ihop for a family breakfast. Now there aren't even any ads to look at and plan your "early morning of adventure"!

I didn't survive but I did stay away from my hobbies. I spent way too much on the wife buying her Snoopy and Doctor Who stuff. The kids get mad if you give them anything but cash so don't have to worry about deals for them. Maybe I'm getting old but Black Friday just isn't "fun" anymore. I used to gripe at the time but looking back it was a lot of fun getting up at 3am to go get in line at whatever store my wife said had the deals she wanted. Then when we were done shopping at 8 or 9am we would stop at Ihop for a family breakfast. Now there aren't even any ads to look at and plan your "early morning of adventure"!
Well, in my book, anyone who likes Snoopy stuff is good people!

I am the same way about Black Friday. I used to enjoy the hunt. More recently, when Walmart started opening late Thanksgiving night for Black Friday my wife and I used to go just to watch the people. Scrolling through the endless Amazon “deals” just isn’t the same.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back