Black Friday deals and links

Jim6820

Crazy Ol’ Basque
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Military Veteran
Grill(s) owned
  1. Trailblazer
Thanks @Jim6820 for posting! I have not many good deals so far! We have a new Costco that just opened near us and they did have Prime Brisket for $3.99 per pound. I had already bought one at my local butcher so...

If I see something I will share!

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

Great move Jim. As a PSA (Public Service Announcement, the history and current price of most things sold on Amazon can be found here:
https://camelcamelcamel.com/

I can’t confirm the affiliation but there is something incestuous about the site and the information they track for Amazon sales. I don’t know of another site that has trends and history like this one. You can event put in the product number and it will retrieve it.

So far I have talked myself out of these:

Ooni Koda 16

Gozney Roccbox

Technivorm Moccamaster

GE Opal Nugget Ice Maker

All can be had for decent prices right now. Would probably make anyone a nice addition to their arsenal.
Already have the GE Opal 1.0. Was thinking about another for the motorhome. Or maybe the 2.0 and use the 1.0 for camping.
Instead of giving in to temptation, I asked myself did I need any of these?
Answer, no, not really.

1700702358981.png

Great move Jim. As a PSA (Public Service Announcement, the history and current price of most things sold on Amazon can be found here:
https://camelcamelcamel.com/

I can’t confirm the affiliation but there is something incestuous about the site and the information they track for Amazon sales. I don’t know of another site that has trends and history like this one. You can event put in the product number and it will retrieve it.
While it is an interesting concept, it requires you to set up an “account.” That’s a non-starter for me as, IME, this is just another way for them to create a contact stream. I’m gonna pass.

While it is an interesting concept, it requires you to set up an “account.” That’s a non-starter for me as, IME, this is just another way for them to create a contact stream. I’m gonna pass.
You only need an account to setup a price watch email notification. You can copy an Amazon url to any product and it will show you the price history. No account required.

It’s especially helpful now because Amazon is notorious for showing a “Black Friday deal”. But if you look at the price history it’s no different than the day before in some cases.

I love ours. We've had it for a couple of years. Makes a great cup of coffee...initial impression was, I paid how much for this???? It has more plastic than I expected; however, over time you get used to it and enjoy the great coffee it makes. 😊
I second this. High quality piece. We have had ours 7 years and still just as solid.

We’re still getting along with our 8-year-old Jura Impressa J9.3. It hasn’t missed a beat yet and still brews a superb cup of coffee.

You only need an account to setup a price watch email notification. You can copy an Amazon url to any product and it will show you the price history. No account required.

It’s especially helpful now because Amazon is notorious for showing a “Black Friday deal”. But if you look at the price history it’s no different than the day before in some cases.

I bought a Philips Norelco Shaver 3500 two days ago on Amazon. Just checked using that web site. It said it is out of stock, which it is not, and that the best price ever was $59.44 about 9 months ago. I just paid $49.99 when I bought it and it is the same price right now. Not real impressed with their tracking data! Makes the service worthless as far as I am concerned.

Last edited:
I bought a Philips Norelco Shaver 3500 two days ago on Amazon. Just checked using that web site. It said it is out of stock, which it is not, and that the best price ever was $59.44 about 9 months ago. I just paid $49.99 when I bought it and it is the same price right now. Not real impressed with their tracking data! Makes the service worthless as far as I am concerned.
There are always exceptions but it’s worked well for me. Looks like in this case the last price update was 3 days ago.

I see the Smoke X is on sale too, anyone have it? If so, are you happy with it other then the 12v usb power?

Last edited:
I see the Smoke is on sale too, anyone have it? If so, are you happy with it other then the 12v usb power?
I don’t have one, but have looked pretty closely at them. They are a nice unit, but are not WiFi-enabled; they use a dedicated RF receiver instead of an app on your phone/tablet. That said, the claimed range is more than 6K feet; plenty for most folks.

I have been tempted to try one, but having recently invested in some Combustion Inc. “predictive” thermometers, I think I’m pretty much tapped out of the temperature-measuring market. I still do use my Signals unit and ThermaPens frequently, however.

I had the original Smoke and they made an accessory, the Gateway, that made it WiFi compatible and usable with the app. Don’t know if they still offer it, but I’d stick with the Signals if you want a ThermoWorks unit. The FireBoard is excellent also, but I don’t know if it ever goes on sale.

I have the nonX version. The remote unit can be used by anyone in the house, no app for my phone is a big plus for me. No Wi-Fi snooping devices on my network. I’m happy with it - depends what you want features wise.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back