Bullseye Best Grate for Bullseye?

I have that one also. I’ve never seen a finer made grate on any grill.
Maybe this is already obvious to others, but what is the biggest advantage of using the BPS stainless steel grate, over the stock Bullseye grate? I realize it's 304 stainless and a bit heavier with wider bars, but I haven't had any rust issues or difficulty cleaning the stock grate, and I use Grill Grates on them about half the time, as well. For ~$70, I wasn't sure it was worth the switch. Thoughts? Thanks.

Maybe this is already obvious to others, but what is the biggest advantage of using the BPS stainless steel grate, over the stock Bullseye grate? I realize it's 304 stainless and a bit heavier with wider bars, but I haven't had any rust issues or difficulty cleaning the stock grate, and I use Grill Grates on them about half the time, as well. For ~$70, I wasn't sure it was worth the switch. Thoughts? Thanks.
The Bullseye grate seemed light duty. I went with the cast iron for the sear marks.

My OEM Bullseye grate warped. Not a big deal when cooking most foods, but if I wanted to cook in a cast iron skillet, the oil in the pan ran to one side.

I use the big poppa ss grate and East Georgia Metal heavy diffuser on my bullseye - great combination.
you can remove the center of the diffuser and place a cast iron skillet (or similar) directly on the diffuser for wood fired frying.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back