Stampede Best chicken i've ever had

shaywave

Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
Spatchock Chicken.jpg

This was by far the best chicken we've ever had.

I first brined this the night before in Kosmos Soak & Brine Chicken Soak, and chicken broth. Then i applied Killer Hogs BBQ Rub. I started the smoker at 250 with lumberjack apple/cherry pellets. Once the IT reached 145 I raised the grill temp to 450. Pulled off at 165, wrapped in foil and put it in a cooler until dinner time. Cook time ended up being 3 hours. Soooo good!

That does look great!

My wife doesn't care about anything except her chicken not showing a drop of blood when she cuts it open. Since it's just the two of us I usually only smoke chicken splits. I pour olive oil all over them and then rub them with McCormick's Sweet and Smoky. I smoke them on low for an hour. I then pull them off the grill, double wrap them in foil while it's heating up to 325. I put them back on the grill doubled wrapped and in a pan whether I've reached 325 or not. Every 10 minutes I check the temp until I get to an IT of at least 195-205. I let them rest for about 10 minutes. The skin is always soft and you can pull the chicken off the bone.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jobondur
Back