Just made the best chicken I have ever had!

Solarity

I made folded cutlets today. I got boneless/skinless chicken cutlets, and brined them for a couple hours. I pat them dry, then liberally seasoned one side of half with a cajun blackening seasoning and the other half with a Carolina Seasoning. I put them season side down and brushed olive oil on the non-season side. I folded them in half season side out and cooked at 300 till they hit 180-185. We let them rest for about 5-10 minutes and served on a fork, which we dubbed chicken on a stick. With the help of my kiddo's neighborhood friends, only two made it inside and only one made it to the fridge.

I own a couple of Webers and a Fire pit, though the RecTeq helped me make the best damn chicken I have ever had. Thanks RecTeq!

20210813_182637.jpg

I made folded cutlets today. I got boneless/skinless chicken cutlets, and brined them for a couple hours. I pat them dry, then liberally seasoned one side of half with a cajun blackening seasoning and the other half with a Carolina Seasoning. I put them season side down and brushed olive oil on the non-season side. I folded them in half season side out and cooked at 300 till they hit 180-185. We let them rest for about 5-10 minutes and served on a fork, which we dubbed chicken on a stick. With the help of my kiddo's neighborhood friends, only two made it inside and only one made it to the fridge.

I own a couple of Webers and a Fire pit, though the RecTeq helped me make the best damn chicken I have ever had. Thanks RecTeq!

View attachment 12144
Always looking for quicker stuff, this is great, thanks.

This is what I used. I wanted to see how both of these would do. I think a lot of rubs would be good with this. I got the Carolina Pit Powder from a local Steve Raichlen event. The Sonny Crazy Cajun was given to me by Sonny. He makes a lot of rubs.

Attachments

• 20210814_115445.jpg
    20210814_115445.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 63
What did you use for Carolina Seasoning? I happen to have some boneless breasts for tonight, might try this.
Let me know how it turns out. Chicken thighs have more fat and require a higher temp, so I would adjust the temp accordingly. Though the extra fat does add flavor.

I ended up cooking it differently so can't comment on your way. I did use blackening seasoning, but don't have anything that sounds like the Carolina.

Congrats on the chicken. I did a little bird following a 12 hour brisket cook yesterday so the RT700 Bull could have a cool down/heat up session using the reheated brisket grease vaporizing as a flavoring method.

Attachments

• 7E98AEF0-8D2F-401A-922C-CFA1576DA7D9.jpeg
    7E98AEF0-8D2F-401A-922C-CFA1576DA7D9.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 65
  • DCD62236-B9B9-4FAC-B58B-A1A7D62C8305.jpeg
    DCD62236-B9B9-4FAC-B58B-A1A7D62C8305.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 62

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MuddyBill
Back