Bacon

Firewoodman42

Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
Hey guys, just got my new Stampede burned in yesterday and smoked a chicken, was amazing! I would like to do bacon this morning and was wondering if anyone has used some honey hog rub on them or not. I have mats and would like to find a recipe that is yummy, have prolly 1lb or so of some Hemplers. How do most of you guys do bacon on these grills?

Hey guys, just got my new Stampede burned in yesterday and smoked a chicken, was amazing! I would like to do bacon this morning and was wondering if anyone has used some honey hog rub on them or not. I have mats and would like to find a recipe that is yummy, have prolly 1lb or so of some Hemplers. How do most of you guys do bacon on these grills?
I usually put the bacon on either my non stick mats or on a raise rack. Comes out great.

slap some maple syrup and brown sugar on that bacon. Place on a mat and have at it.

Oh yea fix twice as much because it gets gone FAST

So I had some leftover bacon and decided to smoke it. I had some Wrights applewood thick cut. I smoked at 225 for 30 min for extra smoke then went to 250 for 2 hrs. Wow, it was good, I want to put a syrup/brown sugar rub on it the next time. My kids woofed it up in no time.
Bacon 1.jpg
Bacon2.jpg
Bacon3.jpg

I did mine at 350 and made some biscuits with it, both turned out great.
20190914_094123.jpg

Hey Rich, how long did the biscuits and bacon take? Did you pull one before the other?

Honey Hog is great..I'm sure itd be fine on the bacon...look up pig candy in here and make some of that too!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back