Stampede APP

Nikeguy53

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
My phone keep drop the connection with smoker . It so it’s offline but nothing is on the phone have to reconnect to the smoker. What’s up with that?

Your phone does not connect directly to the smoker. Only initially by Bluetooth to identify the smoker. Then the app works to connect the smoker to your home wireless network. After the smoker is connected, the app on your phone and the smoker connect with each other thru the internet. This allows you to control your smoker and see temps when your no where near your smoker.
Not an expert, just read many posts on this subject. Seems to be a common issue. I’m sure there is an easier way, but I would just delete the app on your phone— reload it — and go thru the connection process again.

Well l shut the Bluetooth off and it connect right away. I yes l will see what happens.

Your phone does not connect directly to the smoker. Only initially by Bluetooth to identify the smoker. Then the app works to connect the smoker to your home wireless network. After the smoker is connected, the app on your phone and the smoker connect with each other thru the internet. This allows you to control your smoker and see temps when your no where near your smoker.
Not an expert, just read many posts on this subject. Seems to be a common issue. I’m sure there is an easier way, but I would just delete the app on your phone— reload it — and go thru the connection process again.
AFAIK, RT doesn't have bluetooth capability.

Here's the bi-directional path for the phone to communicate with the grill when using wifi on your phone.
phone<->wifi router<->internet<->RT server<->internet<->wifi router<->grill

Last edited:
Maybe a wifi extender? Not sure how far you are from your AP. Never had issues dropping once it was connected.

Notifications is another story.. not going there on this one. You can search for that.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back