Stampede App says RT-1250 not RT-590

shaywave

Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
Just got my new RT-590 and i setup the wifi only to find the App says i have an RT-1250, which i don't. I'm fine with this as long as its compatible? Can someone confirm that?

Thanks,
Shay

Reactions: roz
Ditto for me.

@shaywave, did you burn yours in and use it yet? I did a pork tenderloin, came out great! I love the set and forget aspect of this grill.

Nitin
tempImageH7gySE.jpg

@nitinkarkhanis I did, but didnt pay enough attention to pellets and ran out about 2/3's in for some chicken breasts so i threw them in the oven to finish them, the oven was already preheated for something else. Regardless, there was a perfect bark with just the right smoky flavor. They were amazing! The juiciest chicken i think i've ever had.

Friday i'm doing chicken thighs, already had it on the menu. Saturday i'm doing 3-2-1 ribs for dinner, then throwing a pork butt on for overnight cooking!

What did you do for rub/sauce for the tenderloin? temp/time? it looks really good! I'll have to put one of those on the menu next week.

I read some other threads from new owners and sounds like this is a common issue because they replaced the regulator, with what i believe is an upgrade! So bonus for us!

@nitinkarkhanis I did, but didnt pay enough attention to pellets and ran out about 2/3's in for some chicken breasts so i threw them in the oven to finish them, the oven was already preheated for something else. Regardless, there was a perfect bark with just the right smoky flavor. They were amazing! The juiciest chicken i think i've ever had.

Friday i'm doing chicken thighs, already had it on the menu. Saturday i'm doing 3-2-1 ribs for dinner, then throwing a pork butt on for overnight cooking!

What did you do for rub/sauce for the tenderloin? temp/time? it looks really good! I'll have to put one of those on the menu next week.
@shaywave
I got the recipe for the rub and sauce from heygrillhey.com. This is the Rub Recipe. And this is Barbecue Sauce. I felt the sauce needed some onion and garlic powder, so I added it.

As for the cook, I smoked @ 225° until internal temp hit around 105°. Then I boosted the temp to 375° until internal temp hit 125°, brushed on the BBQ sauce, and then continued the cook at 375° until internal temp hit 145°. Then remove from smoker and rest for about 5 minutes before cutting and serving.

I totally improvised the smoking/cooking process, but it seemed to work. The reason for boosting temp to 375° until 125° was to get a little crisp on the exterior.

Good luck with your grill!

Yeah same here… I just got mine set up and the paperwork it came with mentioned the “wrong regulators”
7BED4989-2A0E-43A2-A74F-37B9A55A4AFB.jpeg

And the auger motor says “3.0RPM”

Attachments

• E4DF2D02-37A5-4131-8D76-A033B2AB19F4.jpeg
    E4DF2D02-37A5-4131-8D76-A033B2AB19F4.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 99
  • A4232B87-B216-4B5C-B98E-129300B3AB9F.png
    A4232B87-B216-4B5C-B98E-129300B3AB9F.png
    326.1 KB · Views: 101
I a relative newbie - - only had my RT-590 for a month. Really loving the set it and forget of this machine. I beleive you can change the Grill Model under setting of your grill (select grill from main menu, click setting (gear icon on top right) and then select appropriate model). Let me know if this works (or not). Take care!

For me, using iPhone app, i can only change the name, not the model.

For me, using iPhone app, i can only change the name, not the model.
That is weird. When I click on my grill in app(not to turn on but just show info), I can then click on the gear thing on the top right and from that screen, you can click on the model and a drop down comes up to select the grill model. Yours is not like that?

Mine also says 1250, but it doesn't let me change model. When I click on it, it does nothing. I can, however, can change it under name.

That is weird. When I click on my grill in app(not to turn on but just show info), I can then click on the gear thing on the top right and from that screen, you can click on the model and a drop down comes up to select the grill model. Yours is not like that?
No, the newer ones, ( last month) all come up like this. It’s weird but it seems like an upgrade. Don’t know if it was meant to or not though

This is my settings page. Clicking on grill model does nothing. That being said, it seems to work fine so I’m not worried. My guess is all the guts are from a 1250

D5201C9D-494A-48BE-BB3D-04B849BB56E7.png

Yeah, I would call about that. From an IT perspective, I can see why they would do this but this is obviously backfiring.....

Nope, in my Android.

That’s weird that you don’t get this option

Attachments

• 6C33C738-6718-4EC8-9ECB-D12296B2D62A.png
    6C33C738-6718-4EC8-9ECB-D12296B2D62A.png
    394 KB · Views: 70
Ditto for me.

@shaywave, did you burn yours in and use it yet? I did a pork tenderloin, came out great! I love the set and forget aspect of this grill.

Nitin

Hey not to hijack the thread, but I never had the pork tenderloin. I see it all the time with bones attached and it's about 2-3ft long. Is that cut cooked to 200ish or is it a cut that needs a temp like chicken 170ish?

Also can you use rubs you would use on ribs or do you need special seasonings? Thanks.

Hey not to hijack the thread, but I never had the pork tenderloin. I see it all the time with bones attached and it's about 2-3ft long. Is that cut cooked to 200ish or is it a cut that needs a temp like chicken 170ish?

Also can you use rubs you would use on ribs or do you need special seasonings? Thanks.
Tagging along on your hijack as I sort of do that kind of thing. Pork tenderloin has no bones. It's maybe a couple of inches thick, super lean and cooks super fast. It's the same thing as filet mignon on a cow.

What you mentioned sounds more like pork loin which is much bigger can contain or not contain bones. Pork loin is where pork chops come from. It's a great piece of meat, but you can handle it as a whole roast, partially filet it out to a crown rib roast, or slice it up to some nice chops or even double chops.

The latest foodie trends say that you can cook pork to medium rare these days, but I still like my pork at 170 finished with no pink inside for sliced pork. For shredded things like shoulder, butt, and hams, I prefer to take it to 203 when I pull it. Brining/injecting makes a huge difference in moisture on pork IMHO. Bacon-wrapped pork tenderloin is a super simple nice end product as well.

Thus ends my hijack....

@shaywave

As for the cook, I smoked @ 225° until internal temp hit around 105°. Then I boosted the temp to 375° until internal temp hit 125°, brushed on the BBQ sauce, and then continued the cook at 375° until internal temp hit 145°. Then remove from smoker and rest for about 5 minutes before cutting and serving.
So, how long did it take for the pork tenderloin to cook? I'm used to cooking it on my gas grill and it only takes about 20 minutes. It seems like times on pellet grills are longer based on recipes I've seen. I just got mine and am trying to figure out how long things might take in order to time it with sides.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alan Hollister
Back