Anyone got a salsa recipe like Jardines Garden Original?

Eddy

Premium Member!
Premium Member
I've never made salsa before but would like to give it a go. I'm a huge fan of jardines garden original and would like something along those lines.

Any suggestions?

Don't know about Jardine, but this is my (very simple) salsa recipe: Add to or take away for your preferred taste.

Ingredients:
2 (14.5oz) Cans Stewed Tomatoes (Mexican Style)
½ Onion, Finely Diced
1 Clove Minced Garlic
½ Lime, Juiced
1 tsp salt
2 Habaneros
2 Jalepenos
4 tbsp Chopped Fresh Cilantro

Directions:
Place all ingredients in blender or food processor and blend on low until desired consistency.

Unfortunately, my garden didn't do great this year. When it does, I'm a salsa making fool.
Fresh tomatoes are easy enough to use - put them in boiling water for ~ 30 seconds, then into an ice bath. That makes the skins easy to peel right off. Quarter and de-seed.
navydroid has a good one to follow beyond that. It really is 'to taste' - I go heavy on the cilantro and throw just a pinch of cumin in mine. Smoke your clove of garlic next time you're cooking to give it a nice kick.
Hmmm.... I wonder how smoking jalapenos would work in salsa. I might try that.

Don't know about Jardine, but this is my (very simple) salsa recipe: Add to or take away for your preferred taste.

Ingredients:
2 (14.5oz) Cans Stewed Tomatoes (Mexican Style)
½ Onion, Finely Diced
1 Clove Minced Garlic
½ Lime, Juiced
1 tsp salt
2 Habaneros
2 Jalepenos

Directions:
Place all ingredients in blender or food processor and blend on low until desired consistency.

Great recipe @navydroid, turned out great.

salsa.jpg

@Eddy this might be a tab bit warmer than you're looking for if you like the Jardines Garden Original, but just take out a pepper or two.

Looks great! Did you smoke anything? I'm wonder how the taste would change if you smoked the peppers or the stewed tomatoes.

Last edited:
@navydroid no I didn't smoke anything this time around. Being my first time doing salsa I wanted to start without getting to carried away.

The wife thought the first batch was too warm for her liking so I changed the recipe just a touch:

Ingredients:
2 (14.5oz) Cans Stewed Tomatoes (Italian style, couldn't find a "mexican" style)
½ Onion, Finely Diced
1 Clove Minced Garlic
½ Lime, Juiced
1 tsp salt
1 Jalepeno
1 Green pepper
1 TBSP Chives
Fresh ground pepper to taste

It tastes great, but doesn't have any heat at all. Next batch I'm going to go back to using 2 jalepenos.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wadefarm
Back