Anybody here eat pork?

Unfortunately, the only people who will get money from this are the lawyers! Unless you’ve maintained detailed records and receipts, you won’t be able substantiate a claim. “I cook a lot of pork butts and ribs on my Recteq” won’t do the trick. :ROFLMAO:

Evidence…
DE53887F-CB63-4DED-A54C-15383C9DB6E5.jpeg

Last edited:
Your honor, ladies and gentlemen of the jury - what are the odds that the plaintiffs pork purchases did NOT come from the following list of pork producers?

The Defendants and co-conspirators named in Consumer Indirect Purchaser Plaintiffs’ Second Amended Consolidated Class Action Complaint are producers of Pork products in the United States, as well as Agri Stats, Inc. In this notice, “Defendants” refers to JBS USA Food Company, JBS USA Food Company Holdings, Clemens Food Group, LLC, The Clemens Family Corporation, Hormel Foods Corporation, Seaboard Foods LLC, Smithfield Foods, Inc., Triumph Foods, LLC, Tyson Foods, Inc., Tyson Prepared Foods, Inc., Tyson Fresh Meats, Inc., and Agri Stats, Inc.

Unfortunately, the only people who will get money from this are the lawyers! Unless you’ve maintained detailed records and receipts, you won’t be able substantiate a claim. “I cook a lot of pork butts and ribs on my Recteq” won’t do the trick. :ROFLMAO:
Agreed. Just like the current lawsuit that is against Kraft stating that they claim their product takes 3 1/2 minutes to cook but in reality takes longer once you take into account opening it and pouring in the cheese and stirring. Lawyers love "class action lawsuits", it means much more money for them since they are getting money for a "group" instead of just one person. Just like those ones you get in the mail where you get the $10 off coupon from the lawsuit and the lawyers made tens of millions.

Your honor, ladies and gentlemen of the jury - what are the odds that the plaintiffs pork purchases did NOT come from the following list of pork producers?

The Defendants and co-conspirators named in Consumer Indirect Purchaser Plaintiffs’ Second Amended Consolidated Class Action Complaint are producers of Pork products in the United States, as well as Agri Stats, Inc. In this notice, “Defendants” refers to JBS USA Food Company, JBS USA Food Company Holdings, Clemens Food Group, LLC, The Clemens Family Corporation, Hormel Foods Corporation, Seaboard Foods LLC, Smithfield Foods, Inc., Triumph Foods, LLC, Tyson Foods, Inc., Tyson Prepared Foods, Inc., Tyson Fresh Meats, Inc., and Agri Stats, Inc.
Your honor, ladies and gentlemen of the jury, the prosecutor appears to believe that this courtroom is a gambling den rather than a court of law where the presumption is that my client is innocent unless compelling evidence shows otherwise. I submit that playing the “odds” is not compelling evidence and does not establish that my client is at fault here. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Your honor, ladies and gentlemen of the jury - are we to believe as in the Gislane Maxwell case, the millionaires on trial HAD NO CLIENTS? Again, what are the odds? Is there reasonable doubt? I don’t think so.

It is a civil case. The level of proof required is only a “preponderance of the evidence.” The standard in criminal cases is “beyond a reasonable doubt.” Still, I think you would need more than “what are the odds.” :)

It is a civil case. The level of proof required is only a “preponderance of the evidence.” The standard in criminal cases is “beyond a reasonable doubt.” Still, I think you would need more than “what are the odds.” :)
Preponderance of the evidence is one type of evidentiary standard used in a burden of proof analysis. Under the preponderance standard, the burden of proof is met when the party with the burden convinces the fact finder that there is a greater than 50% chance that the claim is true. This is the burden of proof in a civil trial.

So my odds of winning went up.
Thanks @AlphaPapa !

Preponderance of the evidence is one type of evidentiary standard used in a burden of proof analysis. Under the preponderance standard, the burden of proof is met when the party with the burden convinces the fact finder that there is a greater than 50% chance that the claim is true. This is the burden of proof in a civil trial.

So my odds of winning went up.
Thanks @AlphaPapa !
In my experience, burden of proof and cost is born by the accuser, not the accused. It cost me a pretty penny to win most of the case but lawyers work out deals, Like it or not, the part such as repayment for your cost to win are gone. However I’m this case the lawyers pursuing the class action should be baring the coast, so a win you may have. Best of luck!

I'm curious as to why my state, Wisconsin isn't included? The grocery store here sells Smithfield and Hormel products. However, I typically drive the 10 minutes to Woodbury MN to either Sam's or Costco to buy my butts/shoulders and baby backs.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back