Anybody got one ??

I have to admit, it I were to do it again, I would've gone with the Pit Boss with the ceramic surface. I also saw that they offer id.me (military and first responders) folks 25% off. I would've saved a bunch of money.

Can you use metal utensils on a ceramic coated surface ?
Pit Boss says no. There is a YouTube poster The Flat Top King (highly recommend his channel) that says ‘sort of’ OK, with limitations. He has both a Blackstone and a Pit Boss. You are not going to be able to do the ‘karate chop’ type moves with metal on the ceramic, but you can carefully use metal for other flips, etc. I own.a Blackstone that I’m trying to find a new home for, and I have a newish Pit Boss ceramic that I’m adjusting to. I miss the fact that I can’t smack the crap out of a cold-rolled steel top, but I don’t miss all the cleanup and seasoning that comes along with it.

Love my ss blackstone. I dont have any issues with rust or keeping it seasoned. In fact, i haven't stripped mine in like three years. It is amazing for big bfasts for the kids. Also love making a mess of bacon for a week (blts, salad toppings, club sandwhiches, etc.).

For dinner i have gotten pretty good at the fried rice (kids request this often) and it is great as a change up for burgers occasionally. The greasy kind. When i make venison burgers i always use it as they get too dry on the gasser.

I rarely use my gasser any more. Between my griddle, my 700 and my egg, there is no reason to. Just the occasional grill in a hurry (chicken breasts, think steaks, etc.).

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back