Ants vs Bull and Bull headed

RattleR

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
Seems I have squatters needing to be cooked. What next?

IMG_1384.jpeg

IMG_1383.jpeg

Not sure if it is ok to leave the hopper door open but that seems to set them off. Any still on the drum and smoke stack are well done at this point.

Not sure if it is ok to leave the hopper door open but that seems to set them off. Any still on the drum and smoke stack are well done at this point.
Internal temp ?

Attracted to the grease residue
Funny they were all nested between the cover and the stack top, very top of the barrel and then in the top of the hopper. So Chickens and remaining ants are getting some Smokey goodness and heat.

Took it to 350 to get crispy skin 🤣🤣🤣, now that yard birds are on, 180 for a bit then 250 and then finishing hot.
That sounds great! I was concerned that you were going to wrap.

To prevent further invasions, sprinkle some diatomaceous earth around the access points (wheels and casters). Ants won’t cross the DE. You can get in the garden section of most big box hardware stores. And, it is safe and harmless for pets and humans. Relatively inexpensive too.

To prevent further invasions, sprinkle some diatomaceous earth around the access points (wheels and casters). Ants won’t cross the DE. You can get in the garden section of most big box hardware stores. And, it is safe and harmless for pets and humans. Relatively inexpensive too.
Wow, thanks @Jim6820, my SNL just sent me a text on this as well. I was thinking Talcum powder might work but if the DE will not hurt my dog, it is a win.

I have used it for years around our motorhome and it has never bothered our two Miniature Schnauzers.
@Jim6820 Do you spread it out or pour a bead of it? Understand the ground area but thinking off around the wheels.

@Jim6820 Do you spread it out or pour a bead of it? Understand the ground area but thinking off around the wheels.
I just sprinkle a band of it (an inch or two wide) in a circle around the access point. It doesn’t have to be all that thick, just wide enough to create a barrier.

I have used it for years around our motorhome and it has never bothered our two Miniature Schnauzers.
I would add it to chicken feed, also dust the chickens with it. Works as a dewormer, kills parasites and stuff inside the animals as well as outside. Just adding to the it's safe part of the conversation.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WiFiGuru
Back