Bullseye Actual Temp Gauge

TigerRock

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bullseye
Bullseye - When putting multiple probes in at different locations, they are reading about 80-100 degrees higher than the actual temp gauge. The feed rate is at 30. Should I adjust the actual temp up or down? Any suggestions.

Thanks,
Chip

i dont have a bullseye so take this with that knowlege in hand. What i do have is years of smoking experience. Im suspecting that those probes are very close to the heat source and what is causing the elevated reading. Example your gas oven in your home, if you put a temp probe around the edge where the heat comes out it will read 4 or 5 hundred dregress when the flame is firing. Even though you might have your thermostat set at 275. This is typical of any device be it an oven, grill, fire pit etc. The closer you get to the heat source the higher the temp seen. Now if its not that, no idear :).

I had the exact same issue with my new bullseye. Cooked St Louis ribs at 225, which I've done many times in my previous setup, and ribs were burned to a crisp after 4 hr. That prompted me to measure temp, as you did, with my thermoworks probe, and saw temps were also too high by 80 degrees. I haven’t had a chance yet, but I’ve read others say they went into setup menu and changed temp offset by +15 and now it’s dialed in. I expect some trial and error will be needed to get there. Let me know what you find and I’ll post back when I experiment in a few days

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WiFiGuru
Back