Stampede 2 issues with my RT-590

BigPaulUK66

Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
Hi, just recently my RT-590 dropped off the app which had been working fine. Despite many attempts to
reconnect, so far i have had no success. In addition, i now have no lit display on the grill. Seems to me that
something is faulty and needs replacing. Any advice is much appreciated.

No display on the controller defiantly call Recteq (they do not manage this forum).. sounds like maybe a fuse or the controller. I am sure the outlet is ok like no ground fault tripped?

No display on the controller defiantly call Recteq (they do not manage this forum).. sounds like maybe a fuse or the controller. I am sure the outlet is ok like no ground fault tripped?
Thanks, grill fires up ok and holds temp. Just no light and wifi connection. Have emailed CS so will see what happens!

Thanks, grill fires up ok and holds temp. Just no light and wifi connection. Have emailed CS so will see what happens!

Ahh.. I see. that LED comes on when it connects. I thought the entire display was out. Might just need to reconnect. I'm sure Recteq will advise as needed.

Ahh.. I see. that LED comes on when it connects. I thought the entire display was out. Might just need to reconnect. I'm sure Recteq will advise as needed.
my bad for confusing things. wifi red light blinks and seems to function ok but wont connect. Display does not light either. Calling Recteq tricky as in UK so hoping for success via email initially.

Forget your wifi network on your device and then walk outside to the limit of your signal, then reconnect. This will force a 2.4 connection due to distance (assuming your router bounces between 2.4 and 5 automatically) and should aid with connecting the grill to your wifi. Thats the best way ive found to do it without having to open up your router settings.

Forget your wifi network on your device and then walk outside to the limit of your signal, then reconnect. This will force a 2.4 connection due to distance (assuming your router bounces between 2.4 and 5 automatically) and should aid with connecting the grill to your wifi. Thats the best way ive found to do it without having to open up your router settings.
Thanks, i will try this

How far are you from your nearest access point/router? If it is coming in & out maybe your signal from that is just a bit on the low side. I have seen others put in an extender with good results. I have 6 access points with my Unifi system around my home so I am usually not having any issues.

How far are you from your nearest access point/router? If it is coming in & out maybe your signal from that is just a bit on the low side. I have seen others put in an extender with good results. I have 6 access points with my Unifi system around my home so I am usually not having any issues.
100ft from router, im concerned that wifi dropped out suddenly and screen light failed at same time suggesting component failure. i dont know if issues are linked

100ft from router, im concerned that wifi dropped out suddenly and screen light failed at same time suggesting component failure. i dont know if issues are linked

Yeah.. if that happened at the same time then I'm sure your concern is valid.

I'm sure calling is not the easiest thing to do from the UK. Hope they respond soon to e-mail. If they don't respond let me know I can try calling on your behalf and try to get their attention directed to your issues.

I had to install a WiFi Extender as my 590 was not wanting to contact unless I moved it closer to the house but would un connect when I moved it back to position after installing the extender I had no problem

Anyone know if RT has access to Whatsapp for international support? That would be a sweet solution for the UK

Glad they are taking care of you!
New controller arrived and now fitted. Still no joy with connecting to Wi-Fi though, tried everything except a Wi-Fi extender, all very frustrating to be honest. Never had issues connecting any device to router ever before 🤦🏻

Is the display light on now at least? Still strange that happened at the same time. Any way you can bring the router closer just to test?

Just some ideas, YMMV.

My RT is about 70' away from the router, I occasionally have an issue with connecting if I haven't used it for a while, maybe cause I unplug it when not in use. Lately the fix is removing the smoker from the app and adding it back in per the prompts. You do need to coordinate it with resetting the connection on the controller and connecting while it's doing it's search. At least that's what it looks like it's doing.

Do the new smoker controllers work at both 2.4 and 5Ghz? Keep in mind the higher the Freq the lower the the coverage and your trying to go 100', which is pretty far if you have walls in the way. I recall how to force it to 2.4, but it can be done.

Once in the past I even rolled my 340 close to the house to get it to connect. Guess that would tell you if it's a distance thing.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back