Stampede New 590 Owner with ISSUES please help!

BadBackBull

Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
Hey Guys

have a new 590 and did our initial burn last night and encountered problems hoping you can help me out

The auger is continuously adding pellets until the Ignitor box is smothered we took everything out cleaned out the igniter box and restarted and it worked fine this morning we got up put on our brisket set temp to 225 and it has run like a dream until about 30 minutes ago when it started adding pellets nonstop again and smothered of the igniter box we have the feed rate turned it down all the way and it is still adding pellets has anyone had this problem before?

We are using Traeger pellets we called the hotline but they were already closed thanks again

What is your setpoint?

What is the RT-590 reading as the actual temperature?

Are you using the App?

You may call me if you wish at:

Eight Zero Three - Three Four One - Two One One Seven

What is your setpoint?

What is the RT-590 reading as the actual temperature?

Are you using the App?

You may call me if you wish at:

Eight Zero Three - Three Four One - Two One One Seven
Thank you for the reply

the set point is 225 and it reached its target temp and held for a number of hrs but now it’s reading 141 actual

we have cleaned out the igniter box and restarted the 590 a few times now we are also using the app

Do you have another way to tell how hot it is in the grill?

If so monitor the temperature inside, near the built-in probe.

You could check the connections from the built-in probe, not A or B, to the circuit board.

They may be loose.

The best I can tell, from what you have said, is that the grill thinks it is too cold inside, so it is adding pellets.

What pellets are you using?

You have my phone number, you may call me.

Hey Dan

Sorry for the delay, we were able to get a hold of Rec Tech this morning and are working on resolving the issues. Thanks we will let you know what we find out!

Hey Dan

Sorry for the delay, we were able to get a hold of Rec Tech this morning and are working on resolving the issues. Thanks we will let you know what we find out!
They usually do. They are good.

Thank you for letting me know.

I spoke to Rec Tec support this morning about your issue.

They noticed that I called them on Saturday, after 3 pm Eastern Time, so they called me this morning. They reported that they have a team that monitors these forums and they attempt to reach out to anyone having problems.

They will help you.

Respectfully,

Dan Keaton

Hey Dan

What did you find out??

One bad thing about forums, one hitter quitters :ROFLMAO:

Though the traegar pellets can and will cause other issues, this isnt one i suspect we can blame on them. I suspect its going to be a bad controller but we will see.

In my experience of 17 years with a pellet grill Traeger pellets never caused any problems.
Sometimes I would use other brands because of price or availability.
"Filler" was either alder or hickory depending which coast your on.
Times have changed since then but I think the lawsuit is a bit of reach.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back