WyldSide Wyldside close out.

And, chicken using the hanging hooks.

C2A470B6-827F-4884-8564-64E1DC0D672A.jpeg
F2A3E8AC-C500-4D3D-BBC1-9740999FB445.jpeg
F2A3E8AC-C500-4D3D-BBC1-9740999FB445.jpeg

I’m rather fortunate in that respect. As long as I’m putting great food on the table for my wife, it’s all green light here!

There is no doubt she supports the Bull without question. I am limited on space also and have grills surrounding and coming out of all ends of my house as it is LOL. I don't even know where I would put it. It's not over :).

I don't even know where I would put it. It's not over
I don’t want to sound like a used care salesman, but it will be over very soon one way or another. They were down to 300 in stock a week ago-can’t imagine they have more than a handful left.

I got rid of 3 in the last 2 weeks (Burnice the Bull, a propane grill and a Bradley electric smoker), so technically I have zero until the backyard is finished in a week or so. No need to assemble and fire up the Bull just to disassemble for installation into the bar. Sorting out where to put the Wyldeside is the next obstacle...

Very cool Greg, what type/brand thermometer are you using in the chicken? I recently picked up a Vevor electric rotisserie to go over my firepit and would need a thermometer similar to that one.
Thanks
In that video I’m using a SpitJack dual sensor thermometer. It’s a pretty nice unit, displays ambient and meat temps. Also quite affordable, around $14 for one with free shipping or two for around $22, also with free shipping.

Since then my wife bought me a Meater Plus that I like a lot, but it does cost a lot more than the SpitJack. The reason I like it so much on the Wyldside is that it is wifi, so I get alarms when the fire needs stoked.

I've also had my eye on it. Just got the bull, so didn't want to make a move so soon.

I called recteq and they said they aren't phasing it out, just trying to move product.
It is what has been pausing me. I've been wondering if closeout meant they were maybe changing it into a bigger/better model sort of like the change from 680 to 700. And I was like do I want current model at discount or the new model at full price. I was going to wait to see how bad my taxes are before deciding, but now its gone. Not out of stock, but off their page. So, I think its been phased out. Whether phased out entirely or just for a new model we will see. Ah well I may have delayed myself out of the item I wanted.

Whether phased out entirely or just for a new model we will see. Ah well I may have delayed myself out of the item I wanted
Here’s what I suspect is the case, and I could be completely wrong. I don’t have any ‘official’ inside info, but I observed some things when I was at recteq last week to support my theory. When we were at recteq, I noticed that the Wyldside was the only grill that still had the full Rec Tec logo and graphics. The Matador had a hint of it-the red handles still said Rec Tec and the URL was for the web site was still the old Rec Tec, but the name on the Matador has been RTG for some time now. The Matador has also been discounted $100 with the purchase a grill, or buy the Matador in the store, and that deal is gone now also.

We bought some rubs while we were there, and we were standing around the counter visiting with the staff when the merch department manager handed us some Durty Gurl rub. I had mentioned that we had just bought one, and he said that one has the new recteq graphics. He added that the supplier had made a mistake with a recent order and had shipped them the Durty Gurl rub in the old Rec Tec packaging, and then added ‘We can’t sell them, we are giving them away.’

This, combined with the fact that the Wyldside left the recteq web site on the last day of April makes me think there is a possibility that they had some agreement in the legal settlement that gave them until the end of April to sell Rec Tec branded merchandise. I wouldn’t be surprised to see the Wyldside return, with or without a design change.

Here’s what I suspect is the case, and I could be completely wrong. I don’t have any ‘official’ inside info, but I observed some things when I was at recteq last week to support my theory. When we were at recteq, I noticed that the Wyldside was the only grill that still had the full Rec Tec logo and graphics. The Matador had a hint of it-the red handles still said Rec Tec and the URL was for the web site was still the old Rec Tec, but the name on the Matador has been RTG for some time now. The Matador has also been discounted $100 with the purchase a grill, or buy the Matador in the store, and that deal is gone now also.

We bought some rubs while we were there, and we were standing around the counter visiting with the staff when the merch department manager handed us some Durty Gurl rub. I had mentioned that we had just bought one, and he said that one has the new recteq graphics. He added that the supplier had made a mistake with a recent order and had shipped them the Durty Gurl rub in the old Rec Tec packaging, and then added ‘We can’t sell them, we are giving them away.’

This, combined with the fact that the Wyldside left the recteq web site on the last day of April makes me think there is a possibility that they had some agreement in the legal settlement that gave them until the end of April to sell Rec Tec branded merchandise. I wouldn’t be surprised to see the Wyldside return, with or without a design change.
Possible, I didn't know their was any legal reason behind the change to Recteq, I thought it was just a marketing thing. Well if it comes back I hope they take this opportunity to improve it somehow, like add a few more sq inches. I wish I had just got it, while I am expecting a big tax hit this year $200 saved is $200 saved.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back