Wyldside close out.

jfrosty27

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
I saw on the Recteq site that they are closing out the Wyldside. I was a little surprised. But then, in a way not. It really isn’t in their wheelhouse of pellet cookers. I have been thinking about getting one off and on. Guess I better hurry up and make up my mind!

Greg Jones

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
  2. Trailblazer
  3. Bullseye
  4. Matador
  5. WyldSide
The Wyldside is just crazy fun to cook on. I can’t explain how relaxing, almost meditative, it is to just sit and watch the flames dance up at food turning on the rotisserie. It’s not an everyday grill, but I sure would not want to be without mine.

cf110814

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
I've also had my eye on it. Just got the bull, so didn't want to make a move so soon.

I called recteq and they said they aren't phasing it out, just trying to move product.

sdynak

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
  2. Matador
If they were actually considering phasing out the Wyldside I would expect the Matador to go out the door first. That is not in their wheelhouse at all in my opinion. The Wyldside at least uses a fan and wood for heat. Good to hear it is not going anywhere. I would absolutely consider if funds permitted. It would make an amazing conversation piece to say the least in my neighborhood. Hmm.. not sure if that is good or bad :unsure:.

Greg Jones

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
  2. Trailblazer
  3. Bullseye
  4. Matador
  5. WyldSide
If they were actually considering phasing out the Wyldside I would expect the Matador to go out the door first. That is not in their wheelhouse at all in my opinion. The Wyldside at least uses a fan and wood for heat. Good to hear it is not going anywhere. I would absolutely consider if funds permitted. It would make an amazing conversation piece to say the least in my neighborhood. Hmm.. not sure if that is good or bad :unsure:.
That’s exactly what I thought when the ‘closeout’ was announced yesterday.

Old Goat Gourmet

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
Personally, I don't think knocking off a hundred bucks is really that much of a motivator to move product when the unit is over a grand. I like mine although there have been a couple of build issues that make it unsurprising in my mind they would kill it.

LoneStar

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
Personally, I don't think knocking off a hundred bucks is really that much of a motivator to move product when the unit is over a grand. I like mine although there have been a couple of build issues that make it unsurprising in my mind they would kill it.
Whoa! Hold up there partner. Build issues? RecTeq is indicating that all sales are final. Is there something I should know before purchasing an All Sales Final product? Any insights would be appreciated.

Chris_G

Rec-Traeger Frankenstein
Premium Member
Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
  2. Bullseye
Whoa! Hold up there partner. Build issues? RecTeq is indicating that all sales are final. Is there something I should know before purchasing an All Sales Final product? Any insights would be appreciated.
@LoneStar search the forum. There was a mention of parts being welded wrong and buyer was local to RT.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.